Star Emerald Deck Forward Balcony - Track?

ColoradoMom!!

I have truly googled and searched, really!  Star, Deck 8 forward balconies...........

I saw mention of people from the walking track being able to see you.  This must be the Promenade - unlike the Coral because it sticks out??

Also, one cannot look down from these balconies to the water.

Can't quite picture this.  Help please. 

Thank you!

The promenade steps up to Emerald Deck as it rounds the bow. Yes if you are in one of the far forward OV (E102-E121) or balcony (E201-E208) cabins you will see heads bobbing by during the day; the deck is closed overnight. And yes the balconies are set back and have a higher glass railing than those that directly overlook the water. 

When the Grand-class ships were first launched those BF cabins were blacked out of special Captains Circle promotions and left for the first timers to be assigned to. But more recently (in 2011) I met someone on Star Princess who was in one of those cabins and they were perfectly satisfied with the location and their use of the balcony--though I imagine they had no previous Princess balcony cabins to compare it to. So as you do have such basis for comparison I suggest looking elsewhere on the ship.

We love these balconies. They are big, completely under cover so protected from rain, etc. the only possible complaint is being over the theater. You will hear the music. People don’t really see you when they walk by.

And we’ve had previous balconies to compare these to.

Thank you! This helps!

There are still balconies available on deck 10 that are the regular price because they are forward. Are these balconies still larger than normal because they’re on deck 10? I thought you had to pay for premium balconies to get the larger balcony on deck 10.

19 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Thank you! This helps!

There are still balconies available on deck 10 that are the regular price because they are forward. Are these balconies still larger than normal because they’re on deck 10? I thought you had to pay for premium balconies to get the larger balcony on deck 10.

My goto place on the ship for a balcony cabin. Yes the balconies on Caribe deck (deck 10) are larger than normal and are half covered and half exposed which suits us perfectly. I usually book the cabins in the 10* and 20* blocks. Like you said, they are slight cheaper as they are forward, but I go there because there is less footfall, so it tends to be a little quieter. 

23 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

I have truly googled and searched, really!  Star, Deck 8 forward balconies...........

I saw mention of people from the walking track being able to see you.  This must be the Promenade - unlike the Coral because it sticks out??

Also, one cannot look down from these balconies to the water.

Can't quite picture this.  Help please. 

Thank you!

Emerald: There are no balcony cabins in this area. E101,02,05,06,09,10,14,15,18 and E119 are obstructed view outside cabins with a one way window. The view out is directly to the promenade stairs from deck 7 to deck 8. You will get light but not much else. People do walk up these stairs all day. The stairs are closed off in the evening and when there is rough weather.

Star: E201,02,03,04,05,06,07,and E208 are cat. BF balcony cabins. The floor to ceiling balcony door and adjacent glass is one way. The actual balconies look out over the stairs where like on the Emerald people are walking all day. I do not recommend these cabins.