Specialty Restaurant lunches on sea days cancelled?

We are cruising May 11th 2019 on the Symphony and just realized via our app the specialty restaurants are no longer serving lunch on sea days.  Only day 1 and day 7.  We have the UPD and expected to eat in the Specialty restaurants for lunch on the sea days but once again we the customers are forced to figure out what is happening on our cruise via blog media.  Although the change from Ultimate to Unlimited was nice (if you want to be a total food glutton) we only found out based on blog reports.  We still are unsure what restaurants are included.  Vintages?  For the lunches:  Day 1 we purchased the Key - lunch included.  Day 7, we plan on being off the ship having a perfect day.   Days 2-6 show no lunch venues not even MDR. 

1 minute ago, Bonita John said:

We are cruising May 11th 2019 on the Symphony and just realized via our app the specialty restaurants are no longer serving lunch on sea days.  

Don't trust the app for something like that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bonita John said:

My wife did some research and said this was a new modification Royal was doing starting 4/27/19.  

That would be news for just about everyone here on CC who usually post noteworthy changes like that quickly.

33 minutes ago, Bonita John said:

We are cruising May 11th 2019 on the Symphony and just realized via our app the specialty restaurants are no longer serving lunch on sea days.  Only day 1 and day 7.  We have the UPD and expected to eat in the Specialty restaurants for lunch on the sea days but once again we the customers are forced to figure out what is happening on our cruise via blog media.  Although the change from Ultimate to Unlimited was nice (if you want to be a total food glutton) we only found out based on blog reports.  We still are unsure what restaurants are included.  Vintages?  For the lunches:  Day 1 we purchased the Key - lunch included.  Day 7, we plan on being off the ship having a perfect day.   Days 2-6 show no lunch venues not even MDR. 

Take a deep breath!!   It’s just a glitch in the app. 

I am also on this sailing.

Just checked the Cruise Planner on my desktop and the following venues show as available for lunch:

Jamie's:  Day 1 ,2 ,and 6

Chops:  Day 2 and 6

Hooked:  Day 6

See you onboard!

• Like 1

I guess my "newbie" status was very representative of my original post.  A seasoned person would have realized information obtained from the cruise company has a tendency of being very vague.  For some reason starting 4/27/19 the app had changed the specialty restaurants to 6pm versus 5:30pm and the lunch days.  Based on the responses I guess I should not put much credence on info obtained from the app. My bad.  Just being a little "OCD" so I am not boarding with a bunch of surprises.  What I should do is just pony up and buy the Drink package and stop worrying about the details... LOL

• Like 1

App is very unreliable before you get on the ship.  Worked fairly well onboard a few weeks ago on Navigator, especially the "Hungry Now" tab that told which venues were open right now.

Edited by LeeW
correction
  • Like 1