My Viking Journey

zitsky

More detail on MVJ for excursions much sooner than expected.  Didn't think I would see it until June 10.

But some activity I know is short shows as Morning / Afternoon.  And there is one activity shown as an extension but it shows as Morning.  So that can't be right.  

Any ideas?

Click on Learn More button. It will give you a description of excursion and times. If they have several time slots in the morning and afternoon, it would say Morning/Afternoon in the general area. It is the same if excursion starts let say at 9:30am and ends at 2:30pm.

hope this helps

Our excursions, for most of the ports, were also posted many months before the expected date. We don't depart until Jan 4th, but excursions for all ports, except a couple, were posted at the end of last month. Also advises we can start booking Aug 30th, which is a couple of months sooner than normal.

When reviewing them, I don't even pay attention to the AM/PM/Evening, I select "Learn More" and review the actual times.

7 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Our excursions, for most of the ports, were also posted many months before the expected date. We don't depart until Jan 4th, but excursions for all ports, except a couple, were posted at the end of last month. Also advises we can start booking Aug 30th, which is a couple of months sooner than normal.

When reviewing them, I don't even pay attention to the AM/PM/Evening, I select "Learn More" and review the actual times.

I’m so glad you mentioned your shore excursions are already posted. It prompted me to see if ours were posted yet, and they are. 😊 We leave for our cruise in October. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, zitsky said:

More detail on MVJ for excursions much sooner than expected.  Didn't think I would see it until June 10.

But some activity I know is short shows as Morning / Afternoon.  And there is one activity shown as an extension but it shows as Morning.  So that can't be right.  

Any ideas?

I have seen Viking post inaccurate information on MVJ. Since it is a lot earlier than you expected, don't be surprised if what you see disappears or is replaced with different information.

Our trip is in October. I just checked MVJ and it provides the date June 20 when excursions will be available to be viewed. Viking has sailed this itinerary previously, so I think it would be really helpful to a lot of the passengers if they were posted earlier. I can understand with new itineraries the possible buttoning up of offerings taking longer. 

I pretty much know which excursions and times I want.  But, of course, I may not get the times I want and then have to reschedule. 

There were one or two days where I was hoping to do excursions on both morning and afternoon but it just didn't work out.  Sometimes i could do it but then it leaves you with 30 min to get back to the ship and have lunch.  A few times give you 1hr between them so I'm debating if i want to rush back to the ship and gobble down lunch.