Storage for suitcase under bed

Mrs Miggins

We have had no problems storing soft sided 'clam' suitcases under the bed previously but I now have to buy a new one.  Most of the ones I have seen in the shops and online recently are hard shell suitcases on 4 wheels.  Does anyone know know what the actual clearance is under the bed on Azamara. Don't want to get onboard with something that won't fit.

Strange question but I bet someone will know the answer!

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Great question.  I was thinking the same thing as we have one hard and one soft.  The soft lost a wheel on our last holiday and needs replacing so was considering another hard one and was also thinking about storing in the cabin.  Thanks for asking this!

My soft sided suitcase was delivered to my cabin and the zip had come apart at the corner.  We were on Viking and they reimbursed me the cost of the suitcase since there was no damage when I retrieved it from the airport carousel and handed it over to them on our New Year cruise.  In fact the zip now appears to work fine but now I wouldn't trust it.  Haven't had a hard side case for years but every shop is now full of them.  I'd better start shopping for our Azamara at the end of May. Thanks again.

Pam, I went through suitcases at a heck of a rate and realised that I was buying too cheap and they never lasted. So three years ago I invested in a Samsonite Cosmolite, partly because the case itself is so lightweight. It's still as it was when I bought it and resists scuffing. Well worth the expense.  And it fits under the bed no problem!

Phil 

Good advice Phil

Pam, if you buy hard cases  I’d recommend buying case skins - we get ours through Amazon but you can google, there are lots of suppliers. Two advantages, protect the cases and also use a non football logo design and you can guarantee you will be the only one on your flight whose case looks like that.  We have two different covers so spot our cases a mile off - nice and calm time then in the sea of black and grey cases where everyone is trying to find the same ribbon or pom-poms 😀

update

these are the people we’ve ordered from a few times

https://www.lsprints.co.uk/caseskinz-237-c.asp

the skins are washable as well 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, Mrs Miggins said:

We have had no problems storing soft sided 'clam' suitcases under the bed previously but I now have to buy a new one.  Most of the ones I have seen in the shops and online recently are hard shell suitcases on 4 wheels.  Does anyone know know what the actual clearance is under the bed on Azamara. Don't want to get onboard with something that won't fit.

Strange question but I bet someone will know the answer!

Thanks

If you have a large hard shell suitcase, the best way to store it under the bed is to open it like a book and slide it under;

very convenient to drop in the laundry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1