Thoughts on the Cuba Situation?

Redsky5292

I know that there is not a lot of information out there regarding travel to Cuba moving forward (I Googled the living daylights out of the topic and basically got nada).  My husband and I are looking at a Cuba cruise out of Port Canaveral next April (we are both teachers so our ability to travel is limited to school vacations).  So if the travel restrictions actually do go through what do you think NCL would do? I know we are just hypothesizing right now as no one really has any idea as to what is going to happen.  Just looking for thoughts.

30 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

I know that there is not a lot of information out there regarding travel to Cuba moving forward (I Googled the living daylights out of the topic and basically got nada).  My husband and I are looking at a Cuba cruise out of Port Canaveral next April (we are both teachers so our ability to travel is limited to school vacations).  So if the travel restrictions actually do go through what do you think NCL would do? I know we are just hypothesizing right now as no one really has any idea as to what is going to happen.  Just looking for thoughts.

At this point for me at least it’s a go. I’m paid up for a July 15th cruise to Havana. I received an email from Norwegian to remind me to complete all my documents for my visa. I had that completed a month ago so I’ll assume it’s a form letter. With that said I believe they have no idea what the state department is going to do.  If I go to Cuba that’s fine but if I don’t I’m still booked in a beautiful suite with a concierge and Butler. Wherever we go I will be happy because I’m on the water and on a ship. 

• Like 2

Just now, pinkie60 said:

At this point for me at least it’s a go. I’m paid up for a July 15th cruise to Havana. I received an email from Norwegian to remind me to complete all my documents for my visa. I had that completed a month ago so I’ll assume it’s a form letter. With that said I believe they have no idea what the state department is going to do.  If I go to Cuba that’s fine but if I don’t I’m still booked in a beautiful suite with a concierge and Butler. Wherever we go I will be happy because I’m on the water and on a ship. 

That's what we are thinking, I'd be slightly bummed that we couldn't go to Cuba but a massage in the Spa would help me get over it.  We want to spend time with my parents, who winter in Orlando, before and after the cruise so a 5 day trip out of Port Canaveral is our best bet.  My major concern is that if the travel restrictions do go into place and travel is limited to family only NCL might cancel the cruise, that would be a MAJOR bummer.

49 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

That's what we are thinking, I'd be slightly bummed that we couldn't go to Cuba but a massage in the Spa would help me get over it.  We want to spend time with my parents, who winter in Orlando, before and after the cruise so a 5 day trip out of Port Canaveral is our best bet.  My major concern is that if the travel restrictions do go into place and travel is limited to family only NCL might cancel the cruise, that would be a MAJOR bummer.

They would not cancel the cruise they would just change your itinerary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myjillian said:

Unless Cuba is on your bucket list...you won't be bummed if the itinerary changes.

I will :(...We are scheduled for 6/17 to Cuba and who knows what will happen....We DO NOT want to go to the Bahamas, which is what I am thinking they will do....<sigh>….oh well....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quencups said:

I will :(...We are scheduled for 6/17 to Cuba and who knows what will happen....We DO NOT want to go to the Bahamas, which is what I am thinking they will do....<sigh>….oh well....

If you don't want to get off the ship in the Bahamas you can get a discount at the spa when you are in port 🙂