Room Preferences/Upgrades

Can you help solve a bit of a mystery for me please.

In the 'old days' before RCI upgraded their 'my account/booked cruises' screen format, there used to be a separate webpage login for C&A members. When logged in you were able to set preferences for things such as bed layout and you could also state if you were interested in a room upgrade.

Am I simply missing this somewhere in 'my account' or on the C&A page you go to via the link in 'my account', or have RCI done away with these preferences/upgrade requests now?

Just now, DisneyQueen999 said:

Thanks for your reply.

That's made it a lot more convenient then hasn't it 🙄😉

Awww...love your Avatar kitty!  Pretty baby!  🙂 

Yeah, agree.  It's not an "improved" website IMHO.  Pain in the butt for the CS agents to have that added to incoming phone calls, when we used to just be able go online and set those preferences ourselves.  Makes me wonder if RCI is doing this to slowly get rid of our preferences...hoping we will simply give up.  😮 

FYI...you can also check and change preferences with the LA on board.  I have had to change out my wine selection several times.  

4 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Thanks for your reply.

That's made it a lot more convenient then hasn't it 🙄😉

Yep.  A few more cycles of website "improvements" and they can shut down the website.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I had forgotten about this option, actually. It surprised me today when I had to contact Royal about another issue and at the end they asked me if we wanted our beds together or apart, I assumed I would set that preference during online check-in or something.

They need to add options like that back into the website, I hate having to call for unnecessary things.

1 minute ago, nanowerx said:

I had forgotten about this option, actually. It surprised me today when I had to contact Royal about another issue and at the end they asked me if we wanted our beds together or apart, I assumed I would set that preference during online check-in or something.

They need to add options like that back into the website, I hate having to call for unnecessary things.

I am guessing they can indeed easily put that option back into the website...but don't really want to. 😒

Island Lady thank you 😸

Excuse my ignorance, what is LA? 😀

nanowerx, I was asked a couple of days ago when I booked next year's cruise with RCI by phone, but when I booked this year's cruise online via RCI website I wasn't asked about bed preferences. Only ever had one free upgrade to Owners Suite. It was a real one-off experience. Unfortunately our room was directly under Windjammer, we hardly slept a wink all week. I've never asked for an upgrade since but it used to be nice to have that little tick box option all the same. I do feel that because cruising is so popular now things have slipped a little...……..still love it though.

9 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Excuse my ignorance, what is LA? 😀

Loyalty Ambassador, the person who deals with the Crown & Anchor (loyalty) program onboard.

They removed the bed preference several years ago.  It was on there for a while, but didn't do anything.  Now, all cabins are made with beds together.  If you want them apart, and the steward will do so during dinner.   The vast majority of people wanted them together.

As for upgrades, I would not worry.  With the Royal Up program, they will be able to make money with upgrades.  And even a couple of hundred per person for an upgrade is better than nothing.