Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

3 hours ago, edepa said:

How does that 50% offer actually work. I bid $1400 for upgrade to sky suite and it shows I’d owe $2800. It says I have the 50% bid promotion. So, does it cost twice my bid, for two people, but count as if I’d bid double my bid for them to decide on an upgrade or not?

We were charged what we bid, so instead of paying $437 each, we just paid $437 ($415 bid plus tax). My theory is that the minimum bid was actually $200 but with the 50%, it acted like we bid twice that. Either that or when we won the bid, we got 50% off the final price. Either way, a very cheap way to go up two full categories. 

11 hours ago, Jgraham6 said:

We were charged what we bid, so instead of paying $437 each, we just paid $437 ($415 bid plus tax). My theory is that the minimum bid was actually $200 but with the 50%, it acted like we bid twice that. Either that or when we won the bid, we got 50% off the final price. Either way, a very cheap way to go up two full categories. 

I don’t recall tax ever bring a factor in the MoveUp program.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jgraham6 said:

I'm not doubting you, but I also got that "offer" for 50% off minimum bids.  So for example, one category reads $450 USD per guest (2), so that certainly sounds like $900 minimum cost to me, unless I'm missing something

• Like 2

Ship: Constellation

Cruise length:  10 nights

Sail date:  9/4/23

Date email offer received: 6/26/23, 50% off sale

Captain’s Club Tier:  Select

Booked through Celebrity Direct or via TA: booked cruise through TA but move up Celebrity Direct

Current Cabin: Concierge Balcony

Bid? Yes

If Yess- Bidding Details:

Cabin Category: Royal Suite:minimum$1250pp, Celebrity Suite: $1500pp,

Aqua Sky Suite:$850pp

Bid Offer:$1525pp,$1600pp, $$1270pp

Notification Date: 8/15/23

Accepted/Rejected: Aqua Sky Suite accepted

General comments:

Cruise showed very full but all my bids showed pending until a couple of days ago when Royal and Celebrity bids showed expired but Aqua Sky Suite was locked and

couldn’t be modified. Today I checked our cruise express passes and the new cabin number was showing. Checked and our CC was billed. Shortly thereafter I got the email stating our cabin was upgraded. We paid $2540 more but this is the second of BtoB cruises and we are both celebrating milestone birthdays so was worth it to us for the bigger cabin and amenities. We took a Christmas cruise on the Beyond in a Sky Suite and loved the Retreat.

Hi

Wondering if there is a logic behind when a sailing will open for bids?  Mine is past final payment but Move Up not available yet.  When I try to enter my booking it asks me if my sailing is within 21 days, as if that’s the time it will open.  Meanwhile I see posts here that indicate some open months before sailing.  

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, killarneylady said:

If you go back into the email you got confirming your bid, a link should bring you back into your bids and you can see status. 

Mine all still say pending and can be still modified...and we are 11 days away.  Does that mean we are out of luck?

9 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

Is it typical to have every category above yours available to bid on or are some of you only seeing certain categories with availability? 

Only certain categories and depends on your current cat. I was OV and offered veranda, concierge, sunset, deluxe V. None higher than that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killarneylady said:

You need to go from the email into the link provided.. brings you to page on ‘move up’ site with list of current bids. 

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I don't see where mine even say "pending".  They just say, "Offer received".

When I click the link in the email, I'm taken to the page beloew.
Is "Update Offer" considered the same as "Pending" ? 

image.thumb.png.f3edbb654e1a6620203b8c513cc62456.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stan1980 said:

When I click the link in the email, I'm taken to the page beloew.
Is "Update Offer" considered the same as "Pending" ? 

image.thumb.png.f3edbb654e1a6620203b8c513cc62456.png

Same here.  No matter what I click on (and I did try from the confirmation e-mail), there's nothing beyond "offer received".  I can modify the offer, but that's it.

26 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Same here.  No matter what I click on (and I did try from the confirmation e-mail), there's nothing beyond "offer received".  I can modify the offer, but that's it.

Just as an FYI, I just modified my bid, increasing it by $15 per person, and now I see "pending".

Ship: Summit

Cruise length:  11 nights

Sail date:  9/10/23

Captain’s Club Tier:  Elite

Booked through Celebrity Direct or via TA: booked cruise through TA but move up Celebrity Direct

Current Cabin: Celebrity Suite

Bid? Yes

If Yes- Bidding Details:

Cabin Category: Royal Suite: bid $380 pp,

Notification Date: 8/19/23

Accepted/Rejected: Royal Suite accepted

General comments:

Cruise showed very full but I noticed a Penthouse and Royal suite open up very recently.  Received email indicating that I had been upgraded.  

• Like 8

14 hours ago, toohoos said:

Ship: Summit

Cruise length:  11 nights

Sail date:  9/10/23

Captain’s Club Tier:  Elite

Current Cabin: Celebrity Suite

Bid? Yes

If Yes- Bidding Details:

Cabin Category: Royal Suite: bid $380 pp,

Notification Date: 8/19/23

Accepted/Rejected: Royal Suite accepted

General comments:

Cruise showed very full but I noticed a Penthouse and Royal suite open up very recently.  Received email indicating that I had been upgraded.  

Wow thats a great deal on a Royal Suite! Enjoy 😊 

• Like 2

Some data points;  All prices in CAD pp 

Ship: Edge

Cruise length:  7 nights

Sail date:  7 Oct 23

Captain’s Club Tier:  Classic

Booked through Celebrity Direct or via TA: Direct

Current Cabin: Sky Suite Guaranteed  

Bid? Yes

If Yes- Bidding Details: 

Cabin Category: Edge Villa $1520 pp 

Notification Date: Pending

Accepted/Rejected: Pending

General comments:

I know it is known knowledge, Edge Villa is significantly cheaper than Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite despite its higher retail price. Edge Villa was selling for over $10k pp while Celebrity Suite was about $5-6k 

Here is the bid price range:

Iconic Suite: $6,770 - $ 33,855 

Penthouse Suite: $2,450 - $11,850

Edge Villa: $895 - $4,400 

Royal Suite: $2,370 - $ 11,850 

Celebrity Suite: $1,355 - $6,770

AquaClass® Sky Suite : $205 - $1,625

Sunset Sky Suite: $340 - $2,170

Consider it appears to be a near full sailing, it's unlikely that my bid will be accepted. 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, Hobbsey said:

Hi

Wondering if there is a logic behind when a sailing will open for bids?  Mine is past final payment but Move Up not available yet.  When I try to enter my booking it asks me if my sailing is within 21 days, as if that’s the time it will open.  Meanwhile I see posts here that indicate some open months before sailing.  

Thanks. 

I’m getting the same message. Wondering if we are not eligible to bid for some reason. 

• Like 1