Phone in upgrades

Tammyd549

Im not new to NCL but I am new to the bidding process, before I would call in and negotiate an upgrade.. I have now bid  on multiple Haven upgrades and now im Wondering if I’m better off calling in ? Is this still an option? Would I just pay the “going rate” ? Does anyone know? Lol 

Tia!!

Edited by Tammyd549

1 minute ago, Tammyd549 said:

Im not new to NCL but I am new to the bidding process, before I would in an negotiate an upgrade - is this still an option? I have bid  on a Haven upgrade and now im Wondering if I’m better off calling in ? Is this still an option? Would I just pay the “going rate” ? Does anyone know? Lol 

Tia!!

You have placed a bid for an upgrade - you can amend it at any time or even cancel it.

For the most part NCL has remoted the upgrade process to a bidding program taking

the reservations sales agent out of the process.

That being noted you can call NCL and see if they would entertain a direct offer bypassing

the bidding process (certainly paying the full rack rate will do it).

I don't think there will be much success as NCL had tailored the upgrades to bidding.

If you are Platinum or better on cruising NCL might review it but I am just guessing.

If you have already booked a Suite and are looking for the Haven upgrade you would

have nothing to lose by talking with NCL. Your offer outside of bidding may be something

for NCL to consider.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tammyd549 said:

Im not new to NCL but I am new to the bidding process, before I would call in and negotiate an upgrade.. I have now bid  on multiple Haven upgrades and now im Wondering if I’m better off calling in ? Is this still an option? Would I just pay the “going rate” ? Does anyone know? Lol 

Tia!!

The upsell desk has been closed.

As NCL has been launching a new megaship a year, the phone in system did not scale and could not keep up. 

Now, ncl and others like royal use automated bidding systems to upgrade people. You can always pay retail for an upgrade. None of the call center personnel

have the ability/authority to sell at less than retail. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The upsell desk has been closed.

As NCL has been launching a new megaship a year, the phone in system did not scale and could not keep up. 

Now, ncl and others like royal use automated bidding systems to upgrade people. You can always pay retail for an upgrade. None of the call center personnel

have the ability/authority to sell at less than retail. 

What about CAS?  Can they negotiate an upgrade?