What's the status on cruising to Cuba?

Smq123

I just put a deposit on a 7 day cruise leaving from Miami on NCL Sun (Great Stir Up Caye, Key West, overnight Cuba & Cozemel) in October 2019. I've been all those places before & am going because I want to see Cuba. Now I'm reading about Cuba & the possibility that Americans that are tourists will be denied entry to Cuba in the not so distant future. Does any one have any information on this? I'm going to switch to another cruise if there's validity to this or maybe try an earlier Cuba cruise. Any available info would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm sorry - Trump announced this not technically in a tweet but with roughly that level of clarification.  Keep an eye on the cuba board on cruise critic - I'm guessing info will be posted there when it's available.  Currently, no one knows exactly what changes have been proposed.  If you decide to switch to an earlier cruise, consider cancelling the original cruise entirely, and purchase a new earlier one and then purchase cancel for any reason insurance (cancel for any reason insurance usually needs to be purchased within 24 hours of your first payment).  I don't think NCL insurance would help you as much as cancel for any reason insurance through a third party provider.  Best of luck to you.

Thank you KitKat. It's only a $100 deposit at this point so I'm thinking I might just cancel completely. Thank you also for mentioning cancel for any reason insurance. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I'll keep looking at Cuba board but I think it's a safer bet to just chose another itinerary. Cuba was the only port I was interested in because I've been to the other places numerous times. 

https://legalcubatravel.com/  This is one site I have watched. Also good links  to travel advisor,  treasury and state web sites. We have been dealing with: they are stopping on April 18th or May 2nd etc. Leaving on Sun on May 27th.  3 Cuba cruises on the Sun have come and gone. Still no action has been taken on travel. Now if you want to sue  Cuba for lost property etc that's another story May 2nd is your date. Keeping the faith. Havana May 29th🚢