cove balcony

windjammerB&C

1 hour ago, windjammerB&C said:

we just booked a cove balcony for the first time. very excited but we wanted to know if the room we picked is under the galley,room 2401 we would appreciate your input thanks. on the breeze 

Is there any way you can change your cabin? If this category is not sold out, I would recommend choosing a cabin that is NOT under the galley, based on an Intel, lol! The Galley cabins AND connecting cabins tend to be a bit loud, so I would advise a change!

Last week last minute decided to go on the Breeze next month, the only thing available were cove balconies also....I always have stayed in regular balcony cabins but had no choice (my father in law is coming so we need two cabins close together) and I just have this fear being on the bottom of the ship, so low but there were no other cabin options to choose from.  From what I read of others staying in that area they heard all types of noises, but put it this way, at least we are on the ship!  My cabins are 2441 and 2439.  😣

25 minutes ago, paper1122 said:

We are in one under the atrium next week, anyone know how noises it will be?

Music and crowd noise may drift down into the corridors close to the front elevators.

I think if you are aft of 2264 port side, or 2289 starboard, your cabin should be fine.

Many people prefer those cabins.

3 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Music and crowd noise may drift down into the corridors close to the front elevators.

I think if you are aft of 2264 port side, or 2289 starboard, your cabin should be fine.

Thanks! I am in 2264, looks like I snagged a good one!

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

Then what is the ideal cove balcony? Where you get the best of both worlds with minimal ocean spray?

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Then what is the ideal cove balcony? Where you get the best of both worlds with minimal ocean spray?

That's obviously a matter of opinion and weather conditions.

In cove balconies I look for a non-connecting cabin for two, forward of the mid ship elevators, port side.

I like the convenience of being as close as possible, but forward of, the mid ship elevators.

Another poster here whose opinion and knowledge I greatly respect, prefers close to the atrium elevators.

I think many people overthink cabin choices.  My cardinal rules are simple:

What can I afford this cruise that isn't above or below the galley or the workout/gym area or areas with sound systems.  I haven't yet had a cabin I wouldn't stay in again.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, paper1122 said:

Thanks! I am in 2264, looks like I snagged a good one!

We were on the Dream in room 2268 and had a good experience and really liked it's location and experienced no noise from the lobby area above. In addition 2268 did not not have a life boat above it and I believe 2264 does not have one either. As far as I know this should be the same room numbering layout as the Breeze and Magic. It was far enough back that the spray wasn't bad, only a slight wetness on railing at times when seas were a little rough.

6 hours ago, stingray310 said:

In addition 2268 did not not have a life boat above it and I believe 2264 does not have one either.

I am looking at cabin 2262 on the Magic. It is adjacent to cabin 2264, so would you recommend it? Also, would there be a lifeboat above 2262?

17 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I am looking at cabin 2262 on the Magic. It is adjacent to cabin 2264, so would you recommend it? Also, would there be a lifeboat above 2262?

I can't remember for sure, but I think 2262 maybe under the back end of one of the lifeboats. Maybe someone else will chime in to verify this for sure. Sorry about that. I will post back if I find anymore info. I know someone had a video on youtube about those cabins, I can see if I can find it.

Here it is, at about the 3:00 minute mark she talks about the lifeboats. She is actually in 2264 on the Breeze.

Stingray

Edited by stingray310