Buying deluxe alcohol package onboard for only one person in room...

1 hour ago, TravisP said:

Beverage Program Calculation.xls 42.5 kB · 463 downloads

Here is a spreadsheet you can use to see is the cost of the package is worth it or not. 

Spread sheet does not have current prices - simple things like water and soda are incorrect as are many other drink prices. Water is $3; can of pop is $4 as examples. 

3 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Spread sheet does not have current prices - simple things like water and soda are incorrect as are many other drink prices. Water is $3; can of pop is $4 as examples. 

It is close enough to serve its purpose. Plus some ships have different prices than other ships. Also, anyone can unprotect sheet and change any prices they want. 

My wife and I were on Allure last year and while she was getting the kids enrolled in adventure club, I purchased the drink package for just myself. Nobody said a word to me. My wife also bought it 20 minutes later and the person asked her if everyone over 21 had the package. She said yes, but she said it didn’t look like they checked. 

Soooooo, good luck. I’m guessing 1 out of 25 might let you do it, but then there’s no telling if they catch it later. 

Run the numbers.  If you think you'll drink enough to cover the reduced cost plus the beverage package, buy on line.  If not, then plan to purchase ala carte and when on board simply ask.  If they say no, nothing lost.  If they say yes, then great. 

Also keep in mind that there is often a 10 drink card option part way through the cruise.  You can buy that and get 10 drinks at a set price.  You can buy as many cards as you wish.  It can significantly lower your drink price average depending on what drinks you prefer.

Edited by papaflamingo

On 4/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, ozziebound said:

Hmmm so they can offer it to individuals without getting fired.. 😉

when you say 66 was similar to precruise do you mean 66 included the 18% gratuity? 

Now I’m torn between wait or buy now!

I should have explained better, it was $66 a day for the first person and 50% off for the second, so it worked out to be similar in cost to the precruise pricing that I saw. that would also be plus the 18% gratuity.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:34 PM, crusinthrough said:

At the end of the day when the sales for the day are reconciled, it's possible someone would have noticed that there was only one package purchased vs two and added the beverage package for your wife at that time.  Some of the crew would say anything for a sale and to meet a quota.  

I would have had the drink packages cancelled then, as I check my on board account more frequently then I do any bank accounts or credit card accounts. Don't want to wait until the end of the cruise to fight with them about silly stuff.