The Cabana Beach - Chankanaab

Planner2012

1 hour ago, Planner2012 said:

I'm thinking about renting a cabana when we're in Cozumel. I have read the reviews on tripadvisor, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me some additional information. How is the snorkeling here? Food? Anything else I should know?

Plenty of reviews on here for Chankanaab generally and snorkeling. 

Never seen any reviews on here for the cabanas. I realize food is available but Sounds like only the fruit platter is included from their website and other drinks and food are extra?  Also no seaweed guaranteed seems quite a claim!

Please report back if you go.

The snorkel area at Chankanaab is separate from the beach. Never heard of Cabanas at Chankanaab - are you thinking about Sanchos?  Snorkeling from the shore at any Sandy beach is usually not good - the sand & waves cloud the water, and there are no reefs and rocks for the little fish to thrive in.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

The snorkel area at Chankanaab is separate from the beach. Never heard of Cabanas at Chankanaab - are you thinking about Sanchos?  Snorkeling from the shore at any Sandy beach is usually not good - the sand & waves cloud the water, and there are no reefs and rocks for the little fish to thrive in.

No this is a relatively new area at Chankanaab includes entrance to the facilities.

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

The website says it’s in Chankanaab Park through a south entrance (?). From the photos it looks like you go down a staircase into the ocean. Rocky with no sand. So from what you’ve said that sounds like a good thing. I wonder if it’s the same snorkel area as the rest of the park or this is in a different area. I’ll report back if we go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lsw0224 said:

Any updates on this? NCL has it listed on their site for $499 but i found it online for $269.

Agree seems like a big upcharge but it appears NCL price is for 4 people which is some of the difference and only read quickly but does it include transport?

Agree still seems big mark up.

Edited by c-leg5

Just now, c-leg5 said:

Agree seems like a big upcharge but it appears NCL price is for 4 people which is some of the difference and only read quickly but does it include transport?

The site I was one said $269 for 2 people and $65 for more unless they were under 3 years old. I do not remember seeing anything about transportation. I think food was included in the price. NCL only listed a fruit tray...and at least I can stay as long as i want

54 minutes ago, lsw0224 said:

I just looked at the site again...food is not included! But still a good deal. There are some good reviews on the TA site..anyone going to Cozumel soon and wanna check it out for me?? 😉

Yes that was the base price I had seen and as you say for two people and i believe also includes fruit and water. 

I wonder if the NCL price might also include transport price which could be a pre-paid taxi but not sure as I have only ever taken independent tours on Cozumel.

Either way the independent price still looks better.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...