food at Blue Lagoon?

mmzny

Looking at excursion options for Nassau, and Blue Lagoon looks really good.  I see that some of the choices include lunch, and others don't.  Can someone tell me what the lunch options would be if I go for an excursion that doesn't include lunch?  Is there a restaurant? A snack bar?  Anyone have any idea what the menus are?  My kids are super-picky...

I remember a covered patio area with picnic tables. I think it came with tea or a lemonade type beverage. And I want to say, burgers or chicken were the choices, maybe hot dogs too? I can't remember for sure. It was fine, I just remember that we had a great time. I would definitely go again. It was simple food but very clean and hospitable. 

Edited by Tmc1512

There is a bar/restaurant right at the pier where you disembark for the beach day.  Can't miss it.  This spot has an actual menu that you can order from.  This is separate from the large covered buffet area.

47 minutes ago, BNBR said:

There is a bar/restaurant right at the pier where you disembark for the beach day.  Can't miss it.  This spot has an actual menu that you can order from.  This is separate from the large covered buffet area.

Good helpful post above!

Just adding ... The color of the wristban determins if lunch is included or not.

Ours had the buffet included ... but we would not do that next time.  :classic_wink:

Sting rays are by far the cheapest and kind of a little secret as you can do the sting ray encounter for less than the beach day, yet you get a beach day with the encounter 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, Tmc1512 said:

I remember a covered patio area with picnic tables. I think it came with tea or a lemonade type beverage. And I want to say, burgers or chicken were the choices, maybe hot dogs too? I can't remember for sure. It was fine, I just remember that we had a great time. I would definitely go again. It was simple food but very clean and hospitable. 

We were there last week- included lunch buffet had hamburger, hot dog, grilled, chicken, barbecue chicken, corn on the cob, sweet plantains, french fries,pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and then fruit punch or lemonade to drink. We did not go to the bar for food but they did make good frozen strawberry daiquiris!

On 4/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, BNBR said:

Sting rays are by far the cheapest and kind of a little secret as you can do the sting ray encounter for less than the beach day, yet you get a beach day with the encounter 🙂

Good to know!  Thank you.  I booked this mainly because we want to do the beach day. Will be there next month.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:59 AM, BNBR said:

How were the prices?  

For those who just want to watch their friends or family, you can purchase an observer pass.   Not sure if the cruise ships offer this, but you should be able to book thru the website.   Of course, you would have to board at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal if you purchase independently.   Call Dolphin Encounters and see if there is an alternative.

Thank you. We don’t go until November so the shore ex site doesn’t have our dates listed yet to see the specific of our sail so I will keep an eye bc we will want the 2 observers to board at the cruise dock with all of us. 

When you ride back to the cruise dock on the ferry I Know it stops at paradise island first, could you get off to look around and get back on the next ferry to the dock? How would they know not to charge you again? Or do you just hop on the local little boat if you get off? 

2 Things.   You would need a wristband with the current time stamp in order to board the ferry again, so you would have to take a cab or local ferry back to the ship at your expense.

Second,  not all ferries make the 2 stops.  Depending on the time of day and # of guests, they sometimes use 2 separate ferries.  One going back to the terminal on Paradise Island,  one going back to port.   You can take the ferry to the terminal, but you would have to find your way back to the ship independently.   

Watch your timing.   Getting back to the ship during afternoon rush hour can be tricky and time consuming. 

Thank you! That’s very good to k ow there could be 2 so we do t get on the wrong one. I do t think we would have time to stop but just Incase. Plus my daughter really wants a carved animal from the dockyard/Pompeii square area locals 🤦‍♀️ So we will have to plan for all that to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, BNBR said:

So, you are familiar with doing this rather than paying for the beach day & lunch?  I noticed the price difference and questioned Royal Caribbean directly. They really couldn't tell me why there's a $35 price difference. Do you think I could just skip the stingray encounter? Would I get there the same time as those who booked the beach and lunch? I don't want to lose any time if I'm scheduled at a particular time to play with stingrays that I really don't care about. 

2 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

So, you are familiar with doing this rather than paying for the beach day & lunch?  I noticed the price difference and questioned Royal Caribbean directly. They really couldn't tell me why there's a $35 price difference. Do you think I could just skip the stingray encounter? Would I get there the same time as those who booked the beach and lunch? I don't want to lose any time if I'm scheduled at a particular time to play with stingrays that I really don't care about. 

Reach out to blue lagoon directly, maybe even come back and update us once you find out. 

Just now, BNBR said:

Reach out to blue lagoon directly, maybe even come back and update us once you find out. 

Well, I don't want to book with Blue Lagoon directly though. So, you haven't booked the sting ray encounter/beach and done that yourself?

7 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Well, I don't want to book with Blue Lagoon directly though. So, you haven't booked the sting ray encounter/beach and done that yourself?

You don't have to book directly. Just ask them the question. I have not personally done the stingray and beach but I've seen it posted here multiple times. But that doesn't mean it hasn't changed since then. Reach out to blue lagoon and ask.