Which Excursion Operator?

Lbrussel

We’re getting ready for our first cruise in August on Harmony of Seas. Having problems deciding on which excursion operators to use. We’re visiting Cozumel, Costa Maya  and Roatan. I’m worried who to book with. I don’t want to get ripped off. 

Which excursion operator is reputable? I’ve seen Shore Fox, Viator, Shore Excursions. Does anyone have advise? Or know if a better company to use? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

I see you have already visited the Cozumel board, so you know about the Ports of Call forums.  That's a good place to ask about tours and tour operators.  I believe the ones you have listed are consolidators.  they don't operate the tours, they book them and find someone else to run it.  Not always a good idea, but it works well for some.

I see you haven't joined the roll call for your cruise.  Here is the forum for Harmony roll calls:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/764-harmony-of-the-seas-roll-calls/

I can't pull yours up because you only mentioned the month, not the departure date.  On your roll call, fellow CC members sailing with you will be discussing tours and operators, forming groups for independent tours.  Even if you choose not to join it, it should be interesting reading.  EM

Thank you so much, Essiesmom. So technically those sites are the middlemen. The actual operators would be some one else. 

I thought I had already joined the roll call for my cruise when there was an app for Cruise Critic. I probably mixed up two different apps. I'm heading there now.

Thanks again.   

3 hours ago, Lbrussel said:

Thank you so much, Essiesmom. So technically those sites are the middlemen. The actual operators would be some one else. 

I thought I had already joined the roll call for my cruise when there was an app for Cruise Critic. I probably mixed up two different apps. I'm heading there now.

Thanks again.   

Hi there

Yes... those companies are all as you say "middlemen". 

You can visit TripAdvisor as suggested for ideas, as well as just doing a web search..."tour operators in xxx" etc. Once you have some idea about what would like to do or see, check on the "port of call" threads on this site to ask what experience others have had with any given operator. You will get many other ideas. Many times if all you want is a beach day, for instance, it's just a question of which beach, hop in a taxi, and go. There is not always a need for a tour operator.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

27 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi there

Yes... those companies are all as you say "middlemen". 

You can visit TripAdvisor as suggested for ideas, as well as just doing a web search..."tour operators in xxx" etc. Once you have some idea about what would like to do or see, check on the "port of call" threads on this site to ask what experience others have had with any given operator. You will get many other ideas. Many times if all you want is a beach day, for instance, it's just a question of which beach, hop in a taxi, and go. There is not always a need for a tour operator.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I actually have ideas what things we want to do. It would be snorkeling, zip lining and ruins (not all in one place or time), so I definitely would need get have a tour set up. I'll check the port boards here to see if anyone has done ones I like or maybe they'll have done ones that I didn't think of before.

This place and everyone here are so helpful. Can't wait to sail.