Can anyone tell me about a Neptune "ottoman bed"?

UM-Fan

Just now, bEwAbG said:

I would tell the kids they can have the "real" beds as soon as they write a check for the cost of the cruise!

Awwwe :)  The couch bed has a GREAT view out the floor to ceiling doors... and on NA it's actually pretty comfortable. But I get where you are coming from LOL

I actually meant to try out the sofa bed one night on my last cruise for research purposes but never got around to it.  I was on NA in a NS.  I struggle to imagine where they could fit a roll-away with the sofa pulled out (without blocking access to the bathroom/front door).  Modern day sofa beds certainly have come a long way from the years of "bar-across-your-back" that many people remember from a few decades ago.

That said, if I'm paying, I get first choice of bed!

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I would tell the kids they can have the "real" beds as soon as they write a check for the cost of the cruise!

I like the way you think!! LOL

What we did one time, when my son's best friend sailed with us, is he brought a roll-up camping pad and sleeping bag and slept on the floor.  He was getting a free cruise, so no complaints. In your situation, the kids may have to trade off nights on the fold out couch and floor. Alternatively you could sleep on the fold out couch and the kids would have the twin beds. 

On 4/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, Moriah said:

I shared a Neptune suite on Oosterdam, with 3 women friends, and we didn't want to have to have 2 of us sharing the sofa-pull-out double bed, so our steward set up a single rollaway bed for us every night and I slept on that! So we had the king sized bed split into two singles, the pull-out couch bed, and the rollaway - so everyone had their own bed. Worked out great. I've been in a Neptune suite on NA, and I'm quite sure our cabin did not have an ottoman.  On that cruise I had the king size bed (the two together) and my daughter had the double pull-out bed because we both wanted more room 🙂

So we just moved into a NS today and we will be traveling with our boys. I asked about a rollaway and the rep said the ship had them. When you did this, did they keep the rollaway in the room during the day? Just curious how much room it took up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

So we just moved into a NS today and we will be traveling with our boys. I asked about a rollaway and the rep said the ship had them. When you did this, did they keep the rollaway in the room during the day? Just curious how much room it took up.

Oh, that's interesting.  I thought maybe they didn't allow it anymore. Now I tend to think they only have them for the Neptune suites because there is enough room - I really can't think of any other cabin where there would be (except Pinnacle suite).  So to answer your question, no, our cabin steward took away my bed every day as soon as I left the cabin and it reappeared all made up, when we got back from dinner.  It fit at the foot of the bed that is along the wall that's common with the bathroom, if you can picture that.  We had the regular beds separated, so one of them was flush with that wall, and the rollaway along the same wall.  There was plenty of room. I don't even think it extended out in front of the little cabinet where the bar glasses are... Now if you have the beds together for a couple, putting the rollaway there means you won't be able to exit the bed on that side to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without climbing over the rollaway... just heads up about that.  But it can probably be remedied by just moving the rollaway a bit away from the foot of the bed.  I hope this makes sense.  As said, it was in 2005 when we did this, but the NSs haven't changed their configurations...