Connecting rooms on the Quest

alainciao

We have a connecting room,612, on the Quest for 45 days and I would appreciate any comments from previous guests about whether we should attempt to change rooms.  Thanks in advance!  Dover to Montreal.

Stan

I've played the OB lottery in the past and have twice been allocated to interconnecting suites on the Quest (once on deck 8 for 21 days, the other time on deck 7 for 28 days).  Perhaps we were lucky to have quiet neighbours but I didn't hear anything from the adjoining cabin. I have heard others complain of noise transfer through the interconnecting door but that wasn't our experience.

Watching this closely as we have a suite booked that interconnects with the Owners suite on deck 8 Quest.  The cruise is not till next year but we are doing a back-to-back and didn't want to move suites halfway through, there was very little choice.

Our TA has been in an interconnecting room herself and promised there was no noise problem whatsoever so fingers crossed.  

I have had an interconnecting suite on other cruise ships and river boats and experienced noise problems from "next door"  so when I had an interconnecting suite on Seabourn, the first day of boarding I introduced myself to the couple in the adjoining suite and we agreed to be mindful.  That worked out well.  

Potential noises:  hangers banging against the closet wall, TV too loud,  suite door slamming shut.  

We were on a 24 night cruise on the Quest last year, in a Penthouse Spa cabin with a connecting door. The gentlemen next door requested that maintenance fix some shaking-vibrations in the door itself. They fixed it quickly, we were quiet, they were quiet, and so we had no problems. I'll admit I'm always a little nervous about the connecting doors, but in this case it worked well.