Mendenhall Glacier cab availability

GenghisQuan

Hi there,

Anyone know how easy it is to catch a cab from the Mendenhall Glacier visitor center to the port area? I'd presume that it's pretty easy from port to glacier, just wondering whether there's an area that definitely has a bunch of cabs at the glacier, or whether I'd need to call one ahead of time.

Thanks.

There is no cab line at Mendenhall.   YOU  have to either call for a cab,  or have a prior, pick up arranged.    There are 2 companies I have used,    long established vendors.    If not arranged in advance,   then you need to call for  a cab about 30 minutes prior to needing pick up.  

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:51 AM, Budget Queen said:

There is no cab line at Mendenhall.   YOU  have to either call for a cab,  or have a prior, pick up arranged.    There are 2 companies I have used,    long established vendors.    If not arranged in advance,   then you need to call for  a cab about 30 minutes prior to needing pick up.  

Do you recommend these companies and, if so, would you mind sharing the names?  Our early excursion is going to drop us off at Mendenhall but I have to get us a ride back to the port.

How much time do you typically need at Mendenhall?  We like to hike so we'd probably take an easy trail out closer to the falls.  I was imagining 1.5-2 hours.

Thanks!

if you look in the attached Resource thread, you'll find 2 links for Mendenhall.

The first link provides the name of the taxi companies.  The 2nd link has a trail map with travel times for each one.

(The average person can do Nuggett Falls in an hr if you keep moving. )

• Thanks 1