Dubrovnik Cruise Port

Is it possible to go from the cruise port to the Old Town using a mobility scooter?  We'd just like to go around the area without taking a tour, but we have no idea if there's a way to get there with no stairs.  

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, cruisead said:

Is it possible to go from the cruise port to the Old Town using a mobility scooter?  We'd just like to go around the area without taking a tour, but we have no idea if there's a way to get there with no stairs.  

Thank you

I am not a mobility impaired person, but have been to Dubrovnik several times by ship. 

I believe the old town can be easily enjoyed by scooter (the Stradum is wide and flat) so there is no need for you to take a tour once you are there.  However, I would highly recommend you plan on some type of transportation from the ship to the Pile gate entrance to the old town.  Cabs are plentiful at the gangway;   Ship transfers too ... but the cab would be easier as the bus leaves you further from the gate (in a bus parking area) while the cab can get you really close.     It's easy to get a cab back to the ship too.

So think about a cab to Pile Gate and enjoy the old town on your own without a tour.  The road to the old town is chaotic and busy with buses etc. and is not intended for pedestrians or scooters.   

You can reach the old town by scooter.  However you may not use a scooter inside the walls, it is for pedestrian only.  Do keep in mind that from the harbor to the old town is uphill and normally busy with automobiles.  

On 5/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, Cavtatlady said:

You can reach the old town by scooter.  However you may not use a scooter inside the walls, it is for pedestrian only.  Do keep in mind that from the harbor to the old town is uphill and normally busy with automobiles.  

I think the OP means a disability scooter. That would normally go along pavements and surely Dubrovnik must allow mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs inside the city walls to enable it to be as accessible as possible.

Of course the town permits mobility scooters inside the walls.  I did not see that part of the post, must look into getting new glasses soon.  However I would not waste the time and effort it will take to use the scooter from Gruz to the old part of town.  Entrance can be done easily at Pile gate, there is a very good ramp which will permit entry with ease.  Please use a shuttle service or taxi to town, our roads and sidewalks are not scooter friendly.  The Stradun, our main promenade, is relatively flat with a few minor indents but you will be able to enjoy many of our sites with ease.