On Board credit

We are on Indy at the end of June and twice now I have been into my cruise planner to book something (excursion and spa). I ticked the use on board credit but both times I have ended up paying via my credit card and my onboard credit remains the same. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Last Sunday I saw the Deluxe drinks package was at a much lower price but I didnt want the same thing to happen. I emailed RCI cruise planner and got a thank you for emailing we will get back to you. One week later no reply and now the price is back up to normal.

So annoyed lol.

Kath

57 minutes ago, mrsroller180 said:

We are on Indy at the end of June and twice now I have been into my cruise planner to book something (excursion and spa). I ticked the use on board credit but both times I have ended up paying via my credit card and my onboard credit remains the same. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Last Sunday I saw the Deluxe drinks package was at a much lower price but I didnt want the same thing to happen. I emailed RCI cruise planner and got a thank you for emailing we will get back to you. One week later no reply and now the price is back up to normal.

So annoyed lol.

Kath

There is a little bar that you have to slide that you use to adjust the amount of OBC that you are using.  It’s right below the box you tick to use OBC. 

Ah thank you guys you are much better than Royal Caribbean, didnt take you 7 days to tell me what im doing wrong lol.

Much appreciated but I have now lost the good deal anyway. You dont have to use the credit pre cruise do you - or do you ?

11 minutes ago, mrsroller180 said:

Ah thank you guys you are much better than Royal Caribbean, didnt take you 7 days to tell me what im doing wrong lol.

Much appreciated but I have now lost the good deal anyway. You dont have to use the credit pre cruise do you - or do you ?

No

13 minutes ago, mrsroller180 said:

You do not however it is cheaper to do so before hand. Just wait for another sale there always seems to be one 

You could also call to book.  And they can use or not use the OBC.

I always call to book the drink package, when we get it, as we get one with VOOM and one without.

Just to update after all your helpful replies. Had an offer by email today and the drinks package has gone down to £38 per day which is a big saving and now I know how to get the onboard credit off (thanks to you) I have got two weeks drinks for both of us at £834.  Ive also noted that the trip I have booked is now cheaper, can you cancel and re-book and if so how do I do that online please

Kath

2 hours ago, mrsroller180 said:

Just to update after all your helpful replies. Had an offer by email today and the drinks package has gone down to £38 per day which is a big saving and now I know how to get the onboard credit off (thanks to you) I have got two weeks drinks for both of us at £834.  Ive also noted that the trip I have booked is now cheaper, can you cancel and re-book and if so how do I do that online please

Kath

I don’t know if it’s different for UK cruisers. I know for US & Canada, I just make a call to my agent/RCCL and it gets adjusted. Some promotions require cancelling and rebooking, some are a quick reprice.