Turning 18 Onboard SeaPass

I just thought of this question and was simply curious.  If someone was to turn 18 in the middle of a cruise would they get the SeaPass card for a minor (with the silhouettes in the background) or an adult (with crown and anchor in background)?  The age is 18 for the adult one, not 21, correct?  If it is 21, what if they were to turn 21 in the middle of the cruise, which SeaPass would they get?  

A few years ago dd turned 18 during a cruise

we had her passport (proof of DOB) and at midnight went to the desk and they were happy to give her a new card allowing her adult privileges (not drinking tho!!)

I believe the written policy is they WON'T do this .... but in our experience they were happy to do it.

18andnewcard.jpg

at under 18 there was a curfew .... at 18 she joined the 'shut the disco down in the wee hours' crowd . . . it was a BIG deal!!

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

Agree with Capt BJ.  Your age for the duration of the cruise is whatever it is on the day you board.  If you really want to change it you can go to guest services with proof and get a new card.

My son turned 18 on a cruise, he wanted to use the teen club so stayed 17 for the duration with a "kids" seapass.