Making reservations in Specialty Restaurants

Is there a way to make reservations for the specialty restaurants before the cruise?   What is the best way after  boarding?  I have a dinner and lunch from our TA.  I also saw packaged dinning on the Holland website which we are considering.  Thank you for all your help.

What ship will you be on? For most HAL sailings it's not a problem to just make your reservatoins when you get on board. Are you in a Neptune suite? If so, you can have a chat with your concierge and decide on your times and dining venues and they will make your reservations.  You can make them yourself by simply going to the venue, OR you can always call and make reservations by phone from your stateroom. There is no "best" way, really.   

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

The only reservation that cannot be made online is lunch in the Pinnacle 😞  We always book that asap after boarding as it fills up fast.  I prefer Pinnacle lunch over their dinners.

Yes! Great hamburgers, lower cover charge, nice atmosphere for a quiet lunch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Is there a way to make reservations for the specialty restaurants before the cruise?   What is the best way after  boarding?  I have a dinner and lunch from our TA.  I also saw packaged dinning on the Holland website which we are considering.  Thank you for all your help.

I recently called HAL to ask about this. You can go ahead and book online or by calling HAL before your cruise; some people do this if they really want to eat at particular time. BUT, if you want to buy the package that gives you a discount on several restaurants, then you can buy that ahead of time if you wish but you won't be able to book your exact days/times until you are onboard. I hope that helps and I hope you enjoy your cruise! 🙂 

30 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

The only reservation that cannot be made online is lunch in the Pinnacle 😞  We always book that asap after boarding as it fills up fast.  I prefer Pinnacle lunch over their dinners.

Thank you.  One of our meals is lunch in the Pinnacle. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Moriah said:

What ship will you be on? For most HAL sailings it's not a problem to just make your reservatoins when you get on board. Are you in a Neptune suite? If so, you can have a chat with your concierge and decide on your times and dining venues and they will make your reservations.  You can make them yourself by simply going to the venue, OR you can always call and make reservations by phone from your stateroom. There is no "best" way, really.   

We are on the Amsterdam, June, 14day Alaska.  When I tried to book the evening Pinnacle online it would only let me book one person.  I was trying to click both circles like you do when buying shore excursions but it would not let me click more than one person.  I did see how to chose a date and time when I did this but only for one person.  What am I doing wrong?  It is our 45th wedding anniversary and we would like to dine together. lol

9 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We are on the Amsterdam, June, 14day Alaska.  When I tried to book the evening Pinnacle online it would only let me book one person.  I was trying to click both circles like you do when buying shore excursions but it would not let me click more than one person.  I did see how to chose a date and time when I did this but only for one person.  What am I doing wrong?  It is our 45th wedding anniversary and we would like to dine together. lol

For "quantity" (below "person making reservation") you would choose 2.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Cruising-along

Congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary.

Amsterdam has a smaller Pinnacle Grill compared to the larger ships -- so reservations fill quickly.

If after you have selected "2" people and you are still having troubles, call Ship Services and they can make the reservation for you.  Ask them to send you an e-mail confirmation. 1-800-541-1576

15 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary.

Amsterdam has a smaller Pinnacle Grill compared to the larger ships -- so reservations fill quickly.

If after you have selected "2" people and you are still having troubles, call Ship Services and they can make the reservation for you.  Ask them to send you an e-mail confirmation. 1-800-541-1576

Thank you for the help.  I have made the reservation.