noise on Celebrity eclipse bump out balcony

areways

We are ready to book another cruise and we loved the celebrity ship, food and entertainment. We had a balcony on the bump out near the elevator and it seemed there was always a wistling noise on the balcony.  It was so annoying we stopped using the balcony.  Was this a fluke or an effect of the bump out?  Did anyone else experience it. We did not have this problem on our other cruises (not Celebrity).

On 5/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, areways said:

We are ready to book another cruise and we loved the celebrity ship, food and entertainment. We had a balcony on the bump out near the elevator and it seemed there was always a wistling noise on the balcony.  It was so annoying we stopped using the balcony.  Was this a fluke or an effect of the bump out?  Did anyone else experience it. We did not have this problem on our other cruises (not Celebrity).

We have had several Celebrity trips, including a total of 4 weeks on the Eclipse, where we had a bump-out cabin. Never had a noise issue. I suspect you didn’t close the sliding door completely.

Stan

Thank you for posting Stan. I know I opened and shut it a few times but maybe I should have had my husband hold it closed from the inside while I was outside to check. Lesson learned. I really loved everything else so I'll try again. 

OP..Did you lock the door (ie. turn the handle around) when you closed it.  Sometimes the seal will not engage if the door is not locked.   🙂

Edited by Rala
typos

I'm not clear as to whether you heard this noise from inside the cabin, or outside while on the balcony?  We had a balcony on the flat of the hump on Equinox and had no problems.  EM