Just returned from the Royal Princess cruise

esper10

On 8/4/2019 at 6:44 PM, skynight said:

Confusing? Maybe. The seating areas are port and starboard and the serving areas are in the center with access from both sides. There are 3 sections, Horizon Bistro, The Pastry Shop, Horizon Court. It is difficult to explain what is available in each section as there are some selections in more than one area. During busy times all sections are open. At other times some sections are closed. The evening meal is served in the furthest aft area, Horizon Ct. We did a walk through to make ourselves familiar with what is placed where. It's really the only way you can find items you enjoy, since the selections are numerous.

This poster's comment that "it is difficult to explain what is available in each section as there are some selections in more than one area" is what I found difficult to process while having to navigate through the mass of humanity searching for what they wanted.  I did wander around before choosing food items to see what was available.  But, then, I would forget where what I wanted was located if such an item was only in one area.  If you examine my signature, you will see that I am most acquainted with HAL's Lido Restaurant's set-up where there are specific stations dedicated for a particular cuisine, i.e. Italian, International, etc.  I did not find that on Royal Princess other than The Pastry Shop.  I just returned from an excellent cruise on Coral Princess and found that ship's Horizon Court much easier to navigate and use than what I found on Royal Princess.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:45 PM, swilli55 said:

Hi.  Just booked on Royal Princess.  Not very experienced with Princess and never on this ship. So please expand on your comment about being prepared to "deal" with the buffet venue.  Thanks!!

I am not sure what the original poster meant by "deal" with the buffet, but I assume it is the same as every buffet.  Look for an open table; which I don't understand, we just sit where there are two empty seats, meet new people.

Then hope your food is the correct temperature.  Wait online and someone always has to slip in front of you because they only wanted that one thing; the same thing you were waiting for.

Then if there are tons of kids; they are running in between people while  you try to juggle your plate, drink and camera bag.

Oh, well, that's why on the Royal Princess we LOVE International Cafe and Alfredo's.