MSC just took my discounts away!

ssmea03

This has been alluded to in other post, but I just had an invoice issued showing both my voyagers club and bellisima discounts have been removed from our next cruise.

Obviously I now have to call them 😩, how has the response been for others, is this going to be a quick fix? Is there a chance it will be fixed automatically?

12 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

This has been alluded to in other post, but I just had an invoice issued showing both my voyagers club and bellisima discounts have been removed from our next cruise.

Obviously I now have to call them 😩, how has the response been for others, is this going to be a quick fix? Is there a chance it will be fixed automatically?

Ssmea03, I had a similar  experience when I realized I booked the wrong promotion. I called and explained and The agent canceled and rebooked is to the correct promotion.  In doing so the system automatically removed our discounts.   I had to call back and get it fixed. It only took a minute to do so.  Did you book online yourself or Did you have any changes to your booking ? 

Edited by Cruzlover7

I had similar issues. Booked a cruise for April 2020, used voyager's 5% discount, and then applied the 10% Bellisima code. I had made changes to passenger info, really just updating address etc. and then bang, Bellisima discount was gone and a new invoice e-mailed showing only the 5% voyager's discount. I called, and I was told that due an IT glitch, and coding of the Belissima discount code hundreds of booking were affected. It took like 3 weeks, but then I received an updated invoice showing the discounted price. I think they had to manually adjust the price to show both discounts, as the total fare is a tiny little bit (really not much) different from the originally discounted price. 

31 minutes ago, CruisingMom77 said:

I had similar issues. Booked a cruise for April 2020, used voyager's 5% discount, and then applied the 10% Bellisima code. I had made changes to passenger info, really just updating address etc. and then bang, Bellisima discount was gone and a new invoice e-mailed showing only the 5% voyager's discount. I called, and I was told that due an IT glitch, and coding of the Belissima discount code hundreds of booking were affected. It took like 3 weeks, but then I received an updated invoice showing the discounted price. I think they had to manually adjust the price to show both discounts, as the total fare is a tiny little bit (really not much) different from the originally discounted 

It looks like (I still have to do the math) our voyagers discount got removed, but I think they left the Bellisima discount.

Edited by ssmea03
Clarity

On 5/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, ssmea03 said:

our travel agent has been trying to work with MSC on an issue for several weeks . We booked 2 cabins for 5 people . had everything booked . wanted to add the circque show and dinner . They cancelled our cruise and rooms we picked without her knowing and rebooked us different rooms . been trying to straighten this for weeks good luck

On 5/7/2019 at 8:39 AM, CruisingMom77 said:

I had similar issues. Booked a cruise for April 2020, used voyager's 5% discount, and then applied the 10% Bellisima code. I had made changes to passenger info, really just updating address etc. and then bang, Bellisima discount was gone and a new invoice e-mailed showing only the 5% voyager's discount. I called, and I was told that due an IT glitch, and coding of the Belissima discount code hundreds of booking were affected. It took like 3 weeks, but then I received an updated invoice showing the discounted price. I think they had to manually adjust the price to show both discounts, as the total fare is a tiny little bit (really not much) different from the originally discounted price. 

What is a Bellisima code?

1 minute ago, ssmea03 said:

If you had one, you had to have used it by April 21st.

We have booked our first time with MSC for Aug 2020 on Seaside.  How did you qualify for this code?  Maybe there will be one available before my cruise.

1 minute ago, taylortime05 said:

We have booked our first time with MSC for Aug 2020 on Seaside.  How did you qualify for this code?  Maybe there will be one available before my cruise.

It was a promotion when Bellisima had her maiden voyage, it's quiet possible they may do the same whem Grandiosa is launched in the fall.