choice included shore excursions

zula

Hello,

I'm considering booking a cruise with Oceania which include some shore excursions.  How does this work?  Do you get a separate list with shore excursions, or do you choose from the excursions listed (with exception of some special ones).  Just want to know if it is worth it.   

Thank you for any information.

Kind regards,

Sonja

3 minutes ago, zula said:

Hello,

I'm considering booking a cruise with Oceania which include some shore excursions.  How does this work?  Do you get a separate list with shore excursions, or do you choose from the excursions listed (with exception of some special ones).  Just want to know if it is worth it.   

Thank you for any information.

Kind regards,

Sonja

Choose allowable ones from the regular list.

You can choose from the regular excursion list.  As a general rule, those that you can choose are $199 or less.  Look at your cruise and see if there are excursions that you would like and decide if it is worth it to you. 

Let’s not get the horse before the cart!

Typically you have to make at least the down payment, so to set up your account on Oceania’s website. Then, starting some where between 10 months to 6 months out from the cruise, one can then see and select shore tours as Oceania releases them. I’ve seen some released as late as 4 months prior, but that is the exception.

Until those tours are released, there is no list to review and one has to pay to play! If your cruise is beyond 6-8 months out, there really isn’t a list yet at all!

Edited by pinotlover

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Let’s not get the horse before the cart!

Typically you have to make at least the down payment, so to set up your account on Oceania’s website. Then, starting some where between 10 months to 6 months out from the cruise, one can then see and select shore tours as Oceania releases them. I’ve seen some released as late as 4 months prior, but that is the exception.

Until those tours are released, there is no list to review and one has to pay to play! If your cruise is beyond 6-8 months out, there really isn’t a list yet at all!

Yes and no, if there is an itinerary like yours that is happening sooner then you can look at the tours on it. I was able to look at tours for my Sept cruise by looking at the same cruise in 2018 prior to when it sailed. There was little change once our actual tours were released. 

If you want to see what shore excursions MIGHT be available on your cruise, go to the Oceania website and look under "Explore Ashore", "Find A Shore Excursion". Select your Region and Ports of interest. No guarantees these will all be available but gives you an idea. Those marked OS and OE are not included in the O-life included excursions. Whether its worth it depends on what you want to see and your degree of comfort in doing by yourself, or with other passengers on a private tour (which will usually be cheaper).