Harmony Tests Docking at Cococay

The Harmony of the Seas is on her inaugural voyage out of her new home port of Port Canaveral. Some of the ship’s officers flew from Nassau to Cococay yesterday. This morning the ship did a test docking of an Oasis class ship at the new Cococay dock. 

While we like to try things out for the first time, checking to see if the channel markers are correct for a big ship, checking to see that they dredge deep enough for the Harmony, and checking to see if they can safely turn the ship for docking is not high on the bucket list. IF any of the above were not true, then we would have less than a perfect day at Cococay. 

Well, it worked fine and the ship is set for it’s true maiden call there in a few weeks. 

625D78B8-4646-4CA0-BC48-5C6273EC7880.jpeg

A5F90F9D-20E1-441B-9B18-1A8392E9018F.jpeg

33F378B1-E568-4E12-A4AE-E3BFE0C09DE3.jpeg

1BFD95B2-B630-4CBF-8CEF-99A319DF4FCA.jpeg

4DBDF4A3-4EE9-4AA0-B869-4C2DF627C6AD.jpeg

• Like 4

Glad to see this!  We are booked on Harmony to call on Coco Cay June 9th sailing.... been anxiously watching to see if they were going to get the pier ready in time!  When is the maiden sailing there?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:14 AM, babyblue78 said:

Glad to see this!  We are booked on Harmony to call on Coco Cay June 9th sailing.... been anxiously watching to see if they were going to get the pier ready in time!  When is the maiden sailing there?

See you onboard!  My whole family and I will be on that sailing as well.

I was on the May 9 sailing and we made the same stop at Coco Cay the day after leaving Nassau. I kind was kind of

expecting this because someone on Shipmate thought it seemed like a long voyage for just going to the Bahamas (it was just a 4 day cruise). I think it’s a good thing they did that. It’s not like making a dry run to the airport or hospital in a car, a big ship like that costs $$ to do that sort of test. Some people were complaining that it was a sales gimmick.  The island looks like fun.

I was on the Grandeur (docked at Coco cay that day) and we were all freaking out when we watched Harmony pull in because we had been told we were going to be the only ship there and no one mentioned any test docking! haha Glad it all worked well and (selfishly) glad harmony didnt actually dock for the day 🙂