Buying drink package on board ( either refreshment or deluxe)

6 minutes ago, lowbass said:

I think your math is a little off. The day 1 offer would be $49.50 pp pd compared to the cruise planner price of $52 pp pd. You're saving $2.50 pp pd.

My math wasn't off, but how I phrased it was. It should have read $5 pd instead of $5 pp pd, but thank you for the correction.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, SRV FAN said:

If you can get the Deluxe Beverage package online at a discount.... (say $49.99)… and the onboard regular price is $63 (which I have seen)..... then you will save a "few" dollars per day, per person. But waiting to buy it onboard, you are talking a chance of it NOT being cheaper (or at least the same price) than you can buy online. I'm the "play it safe" kinda gal... so I'll purchase online. The only way (to me) that it'd be good to wait til onboard is if the package is NOT on sale online pre-cruise.  

I am on Harmony December 2020 - western caribbean and the cruise planner shows $57 so far - I've got to get 2 so is it better to wait until you are onboard and hope they offer buy 1 get second at 50% off or just watch the price for the 20-30% off sales (of the onboard price which I know is more than the cruise planner price).  This is my 9th RCCL cruise and have been purchasing the package for the past 4 years - always online so I can pay up front when I catch the sale. 

20 hours ago, oviedo45 said:

I am on Harmony December 2020 - western caribbean and the cruise planner shows $57 so far - I've got to get 2 so is it better to wait until you are onboard and hope they offer buy 1 get second at 50% off or just watch the price for the 20-30% off sales (of the onboard price which I know is more than the cruise planner price).  This is my 9th RCCL cruise and have been purchasing the package for the past 4 years - always online so I can pay up front when I catch the sale. 

I'd wait til they have a sale (you have over a year to watch the prices). They will offer sale prices online at some point. I currently can buy the Deluxe Beverage Package on Allure for $49 and on Liberty for $50. The onboard prices will be somewhere between $63-$65...unless you KNOW you can get it cheaper by waiting, I'd definitely keep an eye on your cruise planner for you sailing. 

• Like 1