Cancel shore excursion

Sometimes Cruise planner will show a schedule conflict and ask you to choose which item you wish to keep/cancel.  When you re-book, it should cancel the other one automatically but I've had to go back into my calendar (as dwhe just explained how) to manually cancel things.

Edited by Mr. Candyman

32 minutes ago, mrsroller180 said:

Can anyone tell me please if you can cancel a shore excursion booked online and rebook when the price has gone down. I cant see how to cancel.

Many thanks

Look in your Order History.

When you look in Order History (top of the page on your Cruise Planner) you will see two links under each item, Modify and Cancel.  You can also see the price you paid for that item.  Last time I tried the modify to get a lower price it didn't work, so I had to cancel the excursion and then book again at the lower price.  Note that it will take a few days to have the cancelled item refunded to your credit card but the new item gets charged immediately.

9 minutes ago, LeeW said:

When you look in Order History (top of the page on your Cruise Planner) you will see two links under each item, Modify and Cancel.  You can also see the price you paid for that item.  Last time I tried the modify to get a lower price it didn't work, so I had to cancel the excursion and then book again at the lower price.  Note that it will take a few days to have the cancelled item refunded to your credit card but the new item gets charged immediately.

Don't know if this is the norm but when they refunded the cancellation, instead of a lump total it had 6 individual credits for an excursion that I booked for the six of us.  Now I see why people said their credit card statements are crazy with re-booking stuff.  

• Like 1

I think I've rebooked one of my excursions for a fall cruise at least 4 times so far because of drops. All but one of the others have been rebooked at least once. If we couldn't, I'd be a lot more reluctant about prebooking them.

14 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Don't know if this is the norm but when they refunded the cancellation, instead of a lump total it had 6 individual credits for an excursion that I booked for the six of us.  Now I see why people said their credit card statements are crazy with re-booking stuff.  

Mine have always been a single amount for the entire booking.  Thanks for reminding me that I need to check the one I did a couple of days ago.  Interesting - refunds are two separate credits.  And still showing pending for the new charge.

Edited by LeeW
more