Stern Cabins on Nieuw Amsterdam

We have a stern cabin (5193) on hold for a 24 day itinerary next spring in the Mediterranean on the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

We have sailed on a number of cruise lines, but never in a Stern cabin. 

I know that the cabin is lightly larger, and that the Verandah could be significantly larger - both are attributes are very attractive to us. I have read that the view can be pretty spectacular, but how is it to alway see it from the rear, so to speak?

I would Very much appreciate some feedback on these cabin locations. I did run the search engine and could not locate numbers nearby (that could be operator error). 

Is there very much vibration from the engines? How about exhaust fumes? Ship movement ? ( I can be susceptible to that and always take ginger, etc)  Advantages vs disadvantages?  

Thank you 

12 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I have read that the view can be pretty spectacular, but how is it to alway see it from the rear, so to speak?

We didn't like it, especially when coming into a scenic port, or slow-speed scenic cruising when the CD was on the PA talking about things that might not even be there by the time it was our turn.  It's not so bad if you have a corner-wrap, but 5193 is not one.

Our one non-corner stern cabin was on the Noordam, and we had some significant vibrations periodically. No bad motion, no exhaust fumes.

I don't remember any soot or funes on my aft stateroom cruises on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

As a photographer, I will only sail on an aft stateroom.  The field of view from an aft stateroom balcony beats any other on the ship:

• You can see what is happening on both sides of the ship without leaving your stateroom and standing amidst a lot of other passengers wanting to take photographs.
  • No tablets or cameras block your photographs.
  • You don't have to struggle with lots of passengers for space at a railing only to move to the other side and struggle again to see/photograph scenery.
  • There is no wind so you can have meals on your balcony where others cannot while the ship is moving.
  • You will not have to compete with hundreds of passengers for a bathroom in public areas.
  • The sound of the wake is very soothing for sleeping.
  • There is very little traffic past your stateroom door.
  • The Room Service kitchen is a short elevator ride up to your stateroom so food is hot.
  • Only a short elevator ride up to the Lido Market or late-night pizza from the NY Pizza on Deck 9 aft.

After 26 cruises in HAL aft staterooms, and six in aft staterooms on Nieuw Amsterdam, I have not noticed any vibration specific to aft staterooms.  I have noticed no soot on any of my Nieuw Amsterdam balconies. 

Of course others may have different opinions but aft staterooms are my preference.