Info re hotel and transfer

Vic11

Hello,

As a newbie Azamara cruiser I am wondering regarding cruise documents, specifically those related to our  pre cruise hotel and port transfer booked directly with Azamara.

Although these additions are noted and confirmed on my final invoice, I did not receive any further documents or information with our final cruise documents.

I have checked in online and nothing further there either.

We leave June 6th for Venice and am concerned. Should I be? Is this usual for Azamara? What do I need to prove purchase at the hotel on arrival? How do I do find out details of our port transfer to the ship from the hotel?

Any insights are most appreciated. 

Thanks very much.

Things may have changed since our last cruise in July 2018, but we and our TA (our daughter) usually get an email a couple of weeks before the cruise. It includes the cruise documents. I usually print off the pages I want (my daughter offers to print off the whole lot, but we don’t need or want all of it).

Thank you for this reply.

As noted in my original posting I have all my electronic cruise documents for both our back to back voyages. However none of these documents mentions or gives any details of our pre cruise hotel and transfer. That is the issue I am seeking specific advice on.

I am still wondering where I find details on our transfer ( times etc.) and what documentation I need to bring with me to prove both hotel and transfer are booked and paid for via Azamara!

Have to say ... Azamara surely falls down on the administrative side of things.

Have had nothing but issues!

A.

Sorry, I can’t help as I’ve never booked pre cruise hotels and transfers through Azamara - we always book our own. In your circumstances I think I would email Azamara in the first instance to ask them.

Not sure what country you’re in. If it’s the UK, then an email to Richard Twynam would be a good idea. He and his team are always very responsive RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

In an another country email AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
Wrong email address initially

There should have been details in your edocs for sure. Just wondering. Do you actually know which hotel you are at?

For me in the past all details of Azamara arrangements (transfer from airport to hotel, hotel details, transfer from hotel to port, transfer from ship to airport) have been in the edocs and I've printed them off just in case as my voucher. In reality I rarely needed them. There will be an Azamara agent waiting for you at the airport with an Azamara sign who will guide you. Your name and that you are with Azamara should be with the hotel and there will be an agent there too to let you know the transfer time to the ship the following morning. 

You should however have it in your documents. Your profile doesn't state where you are from. I'd be in touch by phone with the Azamara customer services for the country you reside. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

I was about to say the same. Sorry to the OP didn’t see your post earlier. 

Printing all the edocs isn’t environmentally friendly anyway. I just transfer them to a pdf on my iPad print the page with the labels and if I’ve any other documents that I might need hard copy I print that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I was about to say the same. Sorry to the OP didn’t see your post earlier. 

Printing all the edocs isn’t environmentally friendly anyway. I just transfer them to a pdf on my iPad print the page with the labels and if I’ve any other documents that I might need hard copy I print that. 

Same here - I put the edocs on Dropbox, which means that I can see them on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. I have never booked pre-cruise flights or hotels, so can't help with the OP's issue. I would contact Azamara pronto to ask them what is going on.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your guidance and support. So appreciated. We are Canadian. I will call Azamara on Monday. Third major issue with our booking.  Not at all happy at all to have to chase for a final invoice, OBC and now documentation that should have been sent.

I think perhaps Viking or Oceania next time. If we consider Azamara again, which is doubtful, we will book with a TA.

Thanks again.

A.

7 hours ago, Vic11 said:

Thanks all for your guidance and support. So appreciated. We are Canadian. I will call Azamara on Monday. Third major issue with our booking.  Not at all happy at all to have to chase for a final invoice, OBC and now documentation that should have been sent.

I think perhaps Viking or Oceania next time. If we consider Azamara again, which is doubtful, we will book with a TA.

Thanks again.

A.

It would be great if you could come back and tell us what your thoughts about Azamara are after your cruise. Many posters here feel the same as you about Azamara administration - but love their cruise experience.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

Thanks for this suggestion and yes - I definitely will share our actual cruise experience. The final product will need to be significant in order to outweigh the  horrible pre cruise issues we have endured and the extent of our own personal efforts to manage what Azamara should be responsible for and  delivering.

We have travelled with AMA waterways, Celebrity and Many Relais and Chateau properties to name a few and never had these problems with any other company.

I so hope the cruise experience negates the current negatives. We remain hopeful despite having to spend more time on the phone to sort out yet another issue. 

Discouraging!

A.

Bonnie,

Do you have a contact for a senior contact for customer support for Azamara Canada? 

I called today to follow up on our hotel and transfers and there is no record of them despite my providing an invoice dated April 30th 2018 clearly outlining the charge and booking of both.

I am usually pretty understanding but this is ridiculous. I have spent a total of 20 hours on the phone to get a final invoice, OBC sorted out and now this.

I would really like to speak to someone about my experience and  I am very concerned I now have no hotel in Venice.

I actually want to cry I am so stressed about all this! Quite frankly it is impacting my future vacation. Not sure I even want to go now. 

If you can provide details of who and how to contact to resolve I would be so appreciative. 

The customer service agent I spoke to this morning was clearly flustered and perplexed by this issue. She was not able to provide any information or resolution. At this point I am waiting for a call back. Going on 2 hours now.

A.

Thank you (once again!) Bonnie. Just received updated cruise documents with vouchers for the hotel and transfers!

Ready to go. Here's hoping all the wrinkles are worked out and the cruise meets expectations.

I will post our experience on return.

A.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vic11 said:

Thank you (once again!) Bonnie. Just received updated cruise documents with vouchers for the hotel and transfers!

Ready to go. Here's hoping all the wrinkles are worked out and the cruise meets expectations.

I will post our experience on return.

A.

Enjoy Venice and the cruise!