Air2Sea Question - anyone ever needed their help?

Hi all,

I am considering using Air2Sea to travel to Rome (from inside Europe) for a cruise the day of the cruise, the ship is Jewel. Flight offered by Air2Sea lands at 12:50 pm, cruise departs at 5:00. If this was Florida or Puerto Rico I would not even think twice, but knowing Rome traffic and how far the port actually is from the airport (about 65 km) I am worried. I understand and I have been on other cruises where they held the ship for passengers arriving late, but has anyone actually needed their help to rejoin the cruise at the next port of call? Would they be able to hold the ship in a port in Europe. Next port of call would be Santorini, so if they would need to arrange for us to travel to Santorini, would we be paying for the flights, or would Air2Sea?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

• 3 minutes ago, kiska said:

Hi all,

I am considering using Air2Sea to travel to Rome (from inside Europe) for a cruise the day of the cruise, the ship is Jewel. Flight offered by Air2Sea lands at 12:50 pm, cruise departs at 5:00. If this was Florida or Puerto Rico I would not even think twice, but knowing Rome traffic and how far the port actually is from the airport (about 65 km) I am worried. I understand and I have been on other cruises where they held the ship for passengers arriving late, but has anyone actually needed their help to rejoin the cruise at the next port of call? Would they be able to hold the ship in a port in Europe. Next port of call would be Santorini, so if they would need to arrange for us to travel to Santorini, would we be paying for the flights, or would Air2Sea?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

i would highly think of flying in the day before.....you never know, especially with a tight schedule like that

If a flight that was booked via Air2Sea was so late that ypu missed the ship, Air2Sea says they would make arrangements (and pay) for you to fly to the next available port of call.

• Thanks 1

Long story made very short. Booked American Airlines Lax to Rome with layover at JFK.  Hurricane Sandy hit and our Flight was canceled and we were rebooked for three days later which American said was the soonest any flight would leave.  That would be one day after the cruise departed. Wife called Air2Sea and within 20 minutes we were booked on Air France non stop Lax  to Rome. We were upgraded to economy plus at no charge, received a $100 credit from American because we had pre paid for Lounge Access,  left the next day made it to Rome right on time for hotel reservations.  Have used Air2sea for every International flight since then.  Love Air2Sea, happy cruising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If a flight that was booked via Air2Sea was so late that ypu missed the ship, Air2Sea says they would make arrangements (and pay) for you to fly to the next available port of call.

Thank you! That's what I was looking to find! Unfortunately flying in the day before is not an option, I just want to know what would happen in the worst case scenario or the flight bought through Air2Sea being cancelled or delayed so much so that the ship would sail without us. I've read some conflicting thoughts online as to what they actually cover and pay for, so I was hoping someone with knowledge and/or experience on this board would offer their thoughts on the matter.

18 hours ago, kiska said:

I've read some conflicting thoughts online as to what they actually cover and pay for, so I was hoping someone with knowledge and/or experience on this board would offer their thoughts on the matter.

If you book with A2S, it is up to them to make arrangements.  That should include rebooking your air and/or putting you in a hotel if needed and/or putting you on a train to the next port etc.  As for air, they cannot manufacture flights, nor can they kick other pax off, so they are somewhat at the mercy of the airlines and when/how they can get you rebooked, particularly if other flights are also delayed/canceled due to a major weather event for instance, or if other flights are sold out.  If the delay is brief they MIGHT be able to hold the ship but it isn't always possible for various reasons. 

If you search, you can find numerous threads both in ship forums and in the cruise air forum where people talk about their experience with ChoiceAir/Air2Sea, and those experiences run the gamut.  Some have had stellar experiences, where they were notified of the delay and the rebooking, made the ship, or arrangements were made to catch up to it the very next day, all went seemlessly and they had amazing service.  On the other end of the spectrum have been some "worse case scenario" reports, in which people have said they were unable to reach anyone or were told to just call the airline themselves.   The majority of the reports seem to be somewhere in the middle, some closer to one end of the spectrum or the other.  Best to know how to contact them both domestically and from abroad.