Buyers Remorse

Shoppie124

59 minutes ago, buddylover said:

You insist on keeping a war alive.....however, we NEVER prepay as we fly in and don't take risks on losing our hard earned $$....secondly, can't find ONE rate that you have listed above either on AARPs site or Marriotts.....don't know where you are getting your info.  Plus, your argument has changed....you originally were stating pricing closer to $100/nite (like $118, $137), now you have upped your ante to my original comment and pricing of closer to and over $200/nite???  Since I am the one looking to book the hotel room, and must book at the pricing I find in my exhaustive search (whether you believe it or not!) I would LOVE to find pricing as low as you post....however, it is and has not been at those low rates since I booked and the hotels posted their rates over a year ago for Feb 2020!  Would snap up a Marriott, or like hotel, at the rates you started out claiming closer to $100/nite!!  Conversation with you is officially 'closed' on my behalf, I do know of what I speak and of the high pricing at that time of year in Florida!

I insist on keeping this war alive?  You quoted/commented to a post from almost two weeks ago now to bring it up again.

You must not know how to operate Marriotts website as I just went to look and sure enough, most of the rates quoted above are still available.  Some are slightly higher which is understandable since it's been two weeks since I did that search.  You aren't running any exhaustive searches if you aren't finding the rates I quoted.  It's that simple.  Another quick search of February 22nd-23rd found 14 of the first 40 available hotels under $200... And 6 of those 14 were under $150.  These are publicly available rates published on www.marriott.com that anyone can search for and find.... And I didn't even click to look at Page 2, 3 or 4.  That's only Page 1 of the search results.

The reason I went with $200 and below...  "The costs hover and most are above the $200 dollar mark."...  That was your remark and I quickly found a dozen plus hotels UNDER $200 which you claim isn't possible.

So whatever...  You pay your high rates since you can't operate a hotel search and I'll book my $119/night room in Miami for my cruise at the Aloft.

Anyone who ever wants suggestions/ideas/etc. on hotels and finding the rates I've quoted above, hit me up.  I'm glad to help you find these publicly available rates directly through Marriott...  And to top it off, all of these have options to cancel, i.e. they are NOT prepaid rates.

10 hours ago, buddylover said:

You insist on keeping a war alive.....however, we NEVER prepay as we fly in and don't take risks on losing our hard earned $$....secondly, can't find ONE rate that you have listed above either on AARPs site or Marriotts.....don't know where you are getting your info.  Plus, your argument has changed....you originally were stating pricing closer to $100/nite (like $118, $137), now you have upped your ante to my original comment and pricing of closer to and over $200/nite???  Since I am the one looking to book the hotel room, and must book at the pricing I find in my exhaustive search (whether you believe it or not!) I would LOVE to find pricing as low as you post....however, it is and has not been at those low rates since I booked and the hotels posted their rates over a year ago for Feb 2020!  Would snap up a Marriott, or like hotel, at the rates you started out claiming closer to $100/nite!!  Conversation with you is officially 'closed' on my behalf, I do know of what I speak and of the high pricing at that time of year in Florida!

Not picking sides and bored today so I checked Marriott web-site. Did find some under $200.00 using AAA rate for Feb. 22-23 , 2020. Did find quite a few by the airport.

I know rates change all the time on hotels, flights and car rentals. It pays to check often. Find a rate you are comfortable with and book.

The low $100's was a stretch, however there were some in the $150 range which for Miami in high season is very, very good. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:28 PM, beerman2 said:

Not picking sides and bored today so I checked Marriott web-site. Did find some under $200.00 using AAA rate for Feb. 22-23 , 2020. Did find quite a few by the airport.

I know rates change all the time on hotels, flights and car rentals. It pays to check often. Find a rate you are comfortable with and book.

The low $100's was a stretch, however there were some in the $150 range which for Miami in high season is very, very good. 

Yes, thanks......these are the rates that I have been discussing all along, $150 and UP is what it has been all along since I started my search.....AND what it has been for the past several years at that time of year.  I am well aware, as I have stated over and over, that it is "high" season in Florida which began this whole debacle.  Others had to jump in and tell me I don't know how to do my "homework", don't know how to use Marriott's site (among MANY other sites) and that they got rates of $118/nite???  That was when I asked, "where??", "what time frame??", "what hotels??"......just got lip service about how cheap they travel and I don't know how to find the "deals".  So be it.....I am off to other 'searches' now, but I thank you for your input.  It is exactly as I have been seeing and finding myself - and, YES, rates fluctuate but not by $100/nite.....LOL!!

1 hour ago, buddylover said:

Yes, thanks......these are the rates that I have been discussing all along, $150 and UP is what it has been all along since I started my search.....AND what it has been for the past several years at that time of year.  I am well aware, as I have stated over and over, that it is "high" season in Florida which began this whole debacle.  Others had to jump in and tell me I don't know how to do my "homework", don't know how to use Marriott's site (among MANY other sites) and that they got rates of $118/nite???  That was when I asked, "where??", "what time frame??", "what hotels??"......just got lip service about how cheap they travel and I don't know how to find the "deals".  So be it.....I am off to other 'searches' now, but I thank you for your input.  It is exactly as I have been seeing and finding myself - and, YES, rates fluctuate but not by $100/nite.....LOL!!

Where? What time? What hotels?

I answered all of those questions on multiple weekends and you still argued that they didn't exist.  I ran searches on marriott.com and found dozens of hotels under $150 (which is not what you originally argued, you said you couldn't find anything under $200)...  And several of those under $150 were in the in the $130's.  Even after give you specific dates and hotels, you claimed you still couldn't find the rates quoted yet I could and anyone who plugged the dates in using the Senior Rate I was using could as well.  So yeah, I still stick by my comment that you don't know how to do your homework when you kept on saying nothing under $200.  You want me to run the searches again?  I bet I can still find plenty of options under $150...

Also, as many times as you kept demanding to know what dates and what hotels.. You never said what your actual travel dates were.  Bet I could find under $200 and likely even under $150 for your dates...  😁

I always get a little bit of buyers remorse when I book anything. Spending money isn’t easy for me but I research long and hard before I book anything. I always guess about $1000 for flights and hotels pre and post cruise and factor that in to my decision. I can’t justify the cost of the Haven, I don’t like to be waited on it makes me super uncomfortable but I would love the size of the suites and the private areas. Stop worrying about the cost and get excited! Start researching everything you can get out of those suites and amenities. Your trip will be wonderful!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Where? What time? What hotels?

I answered all of those questions on multiple weekends and you still argued that they didn't exist.  I ran searches on marriott.com and found dozens of hotels under $150 (which is not what you originally argued, you said you couldn't find anything under $200)...  And several of those under $150 were in the in the $130's.  Even after give you specific dates and hotels, you claimed you still couldn't find the rates quoted yet I could and anyone who plugged the dates in using the Senior Rate I was using could as well.  So yeah, I still stick by my comment that you don't know how to do your homework when you kept on saying nothing under $200.  You want me to run the searches again?  I bet I can still find plenty of options under $150...

Also, as many times as you kept demanding to know what dates and what hotels.. You never said what your actual travel dates were.  Bet I could find under $200 and likely even under $150 for your dates...  😁

Under $200??? Yes, they ALWAYS existed.....re-read my original posts!  And "even under $150"......NOPE NOT what you said, you said you got rooms for $118/nite....BIG DIFFERENCE!  It is NOT your wallet paying, it is mine and anyone who thinks someone would WANT to pay 'close to $200' is out of their minds.  We ALL do our 'due dilligence' in researching to save our OWN pocket books $$$.  You are NOT the only person on CC who knows how to find "great rates".....I am a 'pro' at that....but to put in rates closer to $100 than to $200, as you originally stated,  is an outright fib, those rates have not existed since I began my search.  Don't quote if you don't know time of year....that is precisely why I asked you when you got your $118/nite rate....remember???    Sorry.........

6 minutes ago, buddylover said:

Under $200??? Yes, they ALWAYS existed.....re-read my original posts!  And "even under $150"......NOPE NOT what you said, you said you got rooms for $118/nite....BIG DIFFERENCE!  It is NOT your wallet paying, it is mine and anyone who thinks someone would WANT to pay 'close to $200' is out of their minds.  We ALL do our 'due dilligence' in researching to save our OWN pocket books $$$.  You are NOT the only person on CC who knows how to find "great rates".....I am a 'pro' at that....but to put in rates closer to $100 than to $200, as you originally stated,  is an outright fib, those rates have not existed since I began my search.  Don't quote if you don't know time of year....that is precisely why I asked you when you got your $118/nite rate....remember???    Sorry.........

And I told you when I got my $119 rate...  In December.  Then you chastised me saying that didn't exist during "high season" and nothing under $200 could be found.  So I searched multiple weekends in February and March.  I posted lengthily replies with my search results with DATES and HOTEL NAMES showing that indeed, you could find a dozen or more Marriott brand hotels under $200 with several even under $150 (and that was just the first 40 results).  I didn't even move on to Page 2, 3 or 4 to see what results came up.  Yet you still claim the rates I found don't exist...  If you can't duplicate the search I did using the dates and hotel names to find the same rates, then you ARE NOT such a pro after all.... But whatever.  You do you...  I know what I found on Marriotts website with 14 out of the first 40 results being under $200 and 6 of those being under $150 IN FEBRUARY (you know, the high season). Could probably find dozens more if I bothered to search IHG, Hyatt, Wyndham, Hilton or other brands...

You still haven't actually said what dates you have your hotel for in February though...  Why not? You don't want to be proven wrong, again?

rtkenmore & buddylover, this is addressed to you!!!! Shoppie124 posted a comment asking for reassurance NOT a pissing contest between the 2 of you. It shocks me that you keep this going and do not see how ridiculous you both are!! Any help anyone has given her is obscured by your nonsense. If this was my post I'd tell you to grow up, zip your pants and move on. Shoppie124 is obviously more patient than me. DROP your grandstanding and pissing and let us actually carry on this conversation.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LVCruiser65 said:

rtkenmore & buddylover, this is addressed to you!!!! Shoppie124 posted a comment asking for reassurance NOT a pissing contest between the 2 of you. It shocks me that you keep this going and do not see how ridiculous you both are!! Any help anyone has given her is obscured by your nonsense. If this was my post I'd tell you to grow up, zip your pants and move on. Shoppie124 is obviously more patient than me. DROP your grandstanding and pissing and let us actually carry on this conversation.

Whatever LV...  So you muddied the post up further to tell people to shut up on a public forum allowing for public comments..  EYEROLL EMOJI.