Princess Hotel in Fairbanks

sandjforever

I just booked a cruisetour for next year.  I was wondering if anyone knows what hotel they use in Fairbanks?  We are there the first night and then travel to Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and then Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge.  

Thanks - SandJ

We are booked on a Princess cruisetour for June 2019 (yay, next month!), and our Cruise Personalizer website page said: “You will be assigned a hotel prior to travel. This information will be available in the Cruise Personalizer or Princess.com.”  This week our travel agent emailed us that Princess has booked us into the Bear Lodge, 212 Wedgewood Drive. The reviews I found seemed good. One reviewer said it used to be an apartment building, and units have a full kitchen. 

Edited by newcruise12

3 hours ago, newcruise12 said:

We are booked on a Princess cruisetour for June 2019 (yay, next month!), and our Cruise Personalizer website page said: “You will be assigned a hotel prior to travel. This information will be available in the Cruise Personalizer or Princess.com.”  This week our travel agent emailed us that Princess has booked us into the Bear Lodge, 212 Wedgewood Drive. The reviews I found seemed good. One reviewer said it used to be an apartment building, and units have a full kitchen. 

The Bear Lodge is the newer part of the Wedgewood Resort.  It is a Fountainhead property.  The Wedgewood complex has one and two bedroom apartments which can either be leased long term or leased short term (ie by the month or week).  Another Fountainhead property, the Sophie Station Hotel, has rooms similar in design to an Embassy Suite property.  Since the Bear Lodge seemed to have been built as a more traditional hotel property, I have always wondered if it is similar in design to the Sophie Station property. 

But in any event, the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum is also on the Wedgewood-Bear Lodge property.  In the past they have a offered a reduced admission to those staying in a Fountainhead hotel.  Also, the Creamer's Field Migratory Wildlife Refuge is contiguous, and Friends of Creamer's Field offers daily guided walked during the summer.  And, finally, Fountainhead also operates a trolley type bus which has a circuit through town.  I saw the bus for the first time this summer on Thursday, so they are clearing operating again this year.

It's been years since I stayed in Fairbanks. But used to do a lot of business there and even before that went to college there for five winters. I had a week long class one time for about 30, I got an excellent rate for the entire class since it was their grand opening at the Princess Lodge. After that I stayed with them a lot. Then the Sophie Station Hotel opened and I used that every since. I would jump at the chance today to try out this "Bear Lodge" facility as Northern Aurora defines it.  

On 5/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, sandjforever said:

I just booked a cruisetour for next year.  I was wondering if anyone knows what hotel they use in Fairbanks?  We are there the first night and then travel to Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and then Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge.  

Thanks - SandJ

Log into your cruise personalizer and click on the schedule.  Then click on the "View Details" for the first day and if it is like mine it will tell you the name of the place you will stay at.  Mine says we are at the Princess Riverside Wilderness Lodge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 8:20 PM, nukesubsailor said:

Log into your cruise personalizer and click on the schedule.  Then click on the "View Details" for the first day and if it is like mine it will tell you the name of the place you will stay at.  Mine says we are at the Princess Riverside Wilderness Lodge.

Mine doesn't show anything yet, but maybe because it is so far out.  I will keep checking though!