Price drops

Bobstam

Can someone help me understand how this works.  I am booked with a TA, first time to use a TA.  I see the price has dropped by $ 60/person, I asked about a price reduction for our booking but she says that our category is sold out so no price drop for us.  Final payment is not for another month.

If that category is sold out why do they show a price drop?  I'm sure there is a reason, I just don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Bobstam said:

Can someone help me understand how this works.  I am booked with a TA, first time to use a TA.  I see the price has dropped by $ 60/person, I asked about a price reduction for our booking but she says that our category is sold out so no price drop for us.  Final payment is not for another month.

If that category is sold out why do they show a price drop?  I'm sure there is a reason, I just don't get it.

Who is "they"?

Go to NCL online and price your ship/sailing/category to confirm availability or not.

If you booked through NCL you can cancel and rebook up to final payment date.  You would get the "current perks" which could vary from your original booking.   I'd call NCL and talk to a rep about it.  I've only done this once, but it was easy enough.  The NCL rep just switched it while I was on the phone.  Saved us $200 pp.. That was a good phone call.  😉

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bobstam said:

Some TAs don't book your stateroom as a single stateroom..... it could be part of a larger block of rooms (group pricing) that your TA has for inventory and that's how they can offer you some better deals. Your TA "may" be giving you correct I formation because of the T&Cs of the block of staterooms. Make sense?  Also, the fact you booked through a TA means your TA owns your reservation and no matter who you talk to at NCL they can't help you. 

If you're before final payment and the price drop is large enough then cancel with your TA and book directly with NCL. Just check on the cancellation policy of the TA and remember you will be losing any promos that you had and getting the current ones offered today.

QTY and Sail Away will typically be lower priced than your standard stateroom because of several factors(such as not getting to pick your room or no promos) 

45 minutes ago, Bobstam said:
  • We are booked on NCL Bliss, I see the price difference on their web site, it shows availability as a QTY, so I guess that must be the difference, we have cabins assigned.

This is your answer. If that category is now showing as GTY, it means it is essentially sold out. So you can no longer cancel and re-book and keep your same room assignment.

17 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

If you booked through NCL you can cancel and rebook up to final payment date.  You would get the "current perks" which could vary from your original booking.   I'd call NCL and talk to a rep about it.  I've only done this once, but it was easy enough.  The NCL rep just switched it while I was on the phone.  Saved us $200 pp.. That was a good phone call.  😉

If the op is working with a TA he/she needs to go through the TA. There could be a  lot of reasons for not being able to change the reservation. There is the possibility the OP has been given a group rate with perks and there were only so many cabins available with those perks and the rate. That is just one example of why the TA said what she did. This is why I rarely check rates after booking. I don't care if the rate was something I could accept at the time I live with it. If i do check it is just for fun. Yes, you can see something that shows your catagory now starting at such and such, but it is like an add for a sale on your favorite jeans; go to get them and you will often find your size sold out or the word "starting at" meaning there were 2 pair only available at that price.  

I book with a TA, and was able to get a $300 reduced rate pp on my last cruise.  We didn't change the category of cabin, just kept the same cabin, so I don't know why they would not do it for you.  Of course, your TA may not have a lot of experience,  or they didn't want to deal with it.