Question for those who have used Viking Air Plus

sharkster77

We were told that flights would be ticketed once final payment was made.  Payment made and processed.

How much time is there between the ticketing of the flight and the listing of the flights on myvikingjourney.com?  Flights were supposedly ticketed yesterday.

I would think this would all happen somewhat quickly--after all, once ticketed, Viking can try to sell us upgrades (not interested, but I digress).

I ask because TA is a bit of a scatterbrain, disorganized, and I verify everything she says will happen, because frankly, we don't trust her.  She's not always on top of things. We'd like to move in a different direction for next trip.

But I'm babbling, so I will stop.  Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

We were told that flights would be ticketed once final payment was made.  Payment made and processed.

How much time is there between the ticketing of the flight and the listing of the flights on myvikingjourney.com?  Flights were supposedly ticketed yesterday.

I would think this would all happen somewhat quickly--after all, once ticketed, Viking can try to sell us upgrades (not interested, but I digress).

I ask because TA is a bit of a scatterbrain, disorganized, and I verify everything she says will happen, because frankly, we don't trust her.  She's not always on top of things. We'd like to move in a different direction for next trip.

But I'm babbling, so I will stop.  Thanks in advance.

Sometimes MVJ can be a couple of days behind. If it isn't updated in the next week, you should prod the TA to prod Viking.

@Moonlion, we picked flights (checked Swiss Air website, and those seats are off the board, presumably for us), just want them ticketed so that when Viking finally does notify us about ticketing, that there are no surprises.

As you and others have suggested, I am have to call Viking Air myself and get confirmation straight from the horse's mouth.

As an aside, there is another TA in the same office that seems to be much more attentive to details;  how to switch to another agent in the same office w/o hard feelings may be difficult.

Edited by sharkster77

Sharkster, I completely misread what you wrote. Serves me right for answering at 3 am. 

Ticketing itself does not take place until after final payment but may not actually take place until even closer to departure. Have your TA get you an updated invoice from Viking (not an invoice from her agency) that includes the flight information. This will serve you until the info is posted on MVJ.

FWIW, our flights NEVER showed up on MVJ. We discovered they hadn’t been ticketed when I logged onto the airline’s website to check another flight and discovered our Viking flights were there also. Once I could see them, I was able to adjust our seat assignment, request upgrade (ended up getting it!), etc. 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:57 AM, Clay Clayton said:

FWIW, our flights NEVER showed up on MVJ. We discovered they hadn’t been ticketed when I logged onto the airline’s website to check another flight and discovered our Viking flights were there also. Once I could see them, I was able to adjust our seat assignment, request upgrade (ended up getting it!), etc. 

Just had the same thing happen.  Never showed up on MVJ. I called Viking and they were able to make it show once called.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, Moonlion said:

Even with a TA, I was able to talk to Viking Air myself and set up flights.  They were not ticketed right away but we were able to get seats.  

Our experience was that the flights were reserved and showed up properly in our Delta frequent flyer accounts as upcoming and we were able to pick seats based on our original fare class but were not actually ticketed until about 60 days before departure- I kept checking because I wanted to go from standard economy to economy comfort using my own money/miles, and you can't do that until it's formally ticketed. It's my understanding that they can push a ticket sooner upon request if you're wanting to self-upgrade and it looks like your desired cabin is selling out. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, Clay Clayton said:

This was what happened to us as well.

4 hours ago, sumiandkage said:

It's my understanding that they can push a ticket sooner upon request if you're wanting to self-upgrade and it looks like your desired cabin is selling out.  

There is a fee for this service.