Formal Night - Australia

Just looking for a rough idea about how the numbers go on cruises out of Australia.

We have only done one cruise (Voyager, Singapore to Hong Kong), and for formal night, I estimate maybe 25% went jacket and tie or better, 50 % wore at least a collared shirt and trousers, with the remaining 25% being rather casual. The ladies were generally dressed to a level that matched their male counterparts.

Can anyone give me an idea what this would look like on a cruise from Australia? We have an 11 night NZ cruise booked for next year, so I'm thinking about whether I bring a suit or not?

BTW, I was a suit and tie person for our previous cruise, but that was also because we had been to a wedding earlier in the trip so I had it with me anyway... having said that, I do like to dress up for dinner on occasion.

11 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

The ladies were generally dressed to a level that matched their male counterparts.

What sort of lady would go for tank top shorts and flipflops at dinner ?

You cannot be over dressed on a cruise ship 🙂🙂

On our trip on Explorer from 17 to 29 March people dressed for dinner and it was lovely to see. After reading plenty of comments I half expected to see many people casually dressed and was pleasantly surprised. Everyone I saw (men) had a suit or at the very least pants, shirt and tie. Ladies were in long dresses, cocktail dresses or pants and a lovely top.