RCI Bus Into Rome?

Hootss

Hi all!  

I'm evaluating options for a day in Rome coming in on 5/30 on RCI Oasis of the Seas.  I know we can take a train into the city.  Is there a shuttle bus option for RCI?  

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

Isn't it listed under your excursion options ?

I'm on NCL and there are ' Rome On Your Own' options by train or bus,  under Excursions. 

There is but it didn't look like the option I was looking for.  For RCI it says they give you an hour at each stop.  I was thinking just drop me off and get me when it's time to go home.  Maybe they can do that as well, the description just isn't well written.  Or maybe I'm just dense...lol.  

Your option sounds more like a tour.   

NCL's  ROME ON YOUR OWN by bus,  says you're dropped off at a central point and you're on your own for the rest of the day.   $125 tho. 

Did you look at the new Express Train described at the top of this page ......  including the shuttle to the train station makes it so easy and it's a great price.

At first glance, I also do not see a "Rome On Your Own" bus excursion offered by Royal Caribbean any longer.  At least not on the Rome Excursion List on their website.  However, they DO offer the "Express Train to Rome - CVW2" which is essentially the same thing except via train.  It shows as $94 per person on the website.  It will bus you from ship to the Civitavecchia train station, then use train to take you to the San Pietro train station.  You then have 5 hours in Rome to do as you please, with a return train trip back from San Pietro station.  Not as cheap as the Express Train mentioned in the previous posting.  I suspect it might be exactly the same train however.  

****Edited to add....  Actually, look at the excursion named "Explore Rome - CVP7".  That one appears to be the traditional "Rome on Your Own" via bus.   Drop off and pick up location is near St. Peters Square and you have 5 hours on your own.   Price is $69.75 per person.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

7 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

At first glance, I also do not see a "Rome On Your Own" bus excursion offered by Royal Caribbean any longer.  At least not on the Rome Excursion List on their website.  However, they DO offer the "Express Train to Rome - CVW2" which is essentially the same thing except via train.  It shows as $94 per person on the website.  It will bus you from ship to the Civitavecchia train station, then use train to take you to the San Pietro train station.  You then have 5 hours in Rome to do as you please, with a return train trip back from San Pietro station.  Not as cheap as the Express Train mentioned in the previous posting.  I suspect it might be exactly the same train however.  

****Edited to add....  Actually, look at the excursion named "Explore Rome - CVP7".  That one appears to be the traditional "Rome on Your Own" via bus.   Drop off and pick up location is near St. Peters Square and you have 5 hours on your own.   Price is $69.75 per person.

Thanks for the info.  I found that train excursion.  It's great how RCI can charge $94 for train tickets I can pay $20 for, lol.