Regal Balcony

camper49

16 minutes ago, camper49 said:

What is the difference between a regular balcony,balcony deluxe & premium deluxe balcony?

The regular balcony doesn't have a couch, whereas the deluxe balcony cabins do as well as a little more sq footage.  The premium deluxe are the same as the regular deluxe cabins (both will have a small sofa) but the premium describes the location ... ie:  aft facing

Not all balconies for these cabins are created the same.  There are some in the midship area (maybe aft facing, too) that have much larger balconies.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

The regular balcony doesn't have a couch, whereas the deluxe balcony cabins do as well as a little more sq footage.  The premium deluxe are the same as the regular deluxe cabins (both will have a small sofa) but the premium describes the location ... ie:  aft facing

Not all balconies for these cabins are created the same.  There are some in the midship area (maybe aft facing, too) that have much larger balconies.  

We recently had an obstructed view midship standard balcony cabin on the Royal which was good to have a larger balcony.  There was no obstruction looking out but when looking down could see the open Promenade deck which worked for us.  We’ve booked another obstructed view cabin in a Deluxe Balcony in the same bumped out midship section with not only a loveseat couch but an even larger wind protected balcony.

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We recently had an obstructed view midship standard balcony cabin on the Royal which was good to have a larger balcony.  There was no obstruction looking out but when looking down could see the open Promenade deck which worked for us.  We’ve booked another obstructed view cabin in a Deluxe Balcony in the same bumped out midship section with not only a loveseat couch but an even larger wind protected balcony.

Yes, I think I know just the ones!  We were debating over E425 and E409 ...we chose the former one and were very happy in that cabin.  I am sure E409 would have been even better but we loved the deal we got on E425.  Great balconies and excellent location for both!!  Same goes for those on the port side of the ship.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Astro Flyer

Care to share the cabin numbers for  the obstructed view balconies ?

Were these balconies under the Sea Walk ?

Thinking they may be the same for the Regal and the Sky?

Thank you for any info.

It was E436 on the Royal & here are a few views:  up, exterior, aft & down...as far as I know it’s the same on the Regal but haven’t looked closely at the Sky because we’re in an interior cabin.

53F4937D-BBC7-4842-A799-FCD7BC1EF42D.jpeg

CAA3E0E9-AEA2-4AB3-BF93-855AA4871330.jpeg

F7DF695F-9E40-404C-A3F0-F417CF9A4BF5.jpeg

2FE1A8DF-95A0-434B-A874-CD3B83442EF5.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, I think I know just the ones!  We were debating over E425 and E409 ...we chose the former one and were very happy in that cabin.  I am sure E409 would have been even better but we loved the deal we got on E425.  Great balconies and excellent location for both!!  Same goes for those on the port side of the ship.  

Ours was E436 but viewed friends DW (D409) which we’ve booked on a future cruise.  Another friend was in a minisuite (C409) which had a good forward view but not much wind protection.  Deck plans show your E409 is wind protected like our future D409 cabin.  Another person was in E424 (opposite side from E425) which was also good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Were these balconies under the Sea Walk ?

I've read that many people don't like to be under the Sea Walk for fear of a lack of privacy.  On our cruise, nobody seemed to be wanting to be out on the Sea Walk ... oddly enough, it didn't bother me one bit and I have a fear of heights ... well, maybe that is really a fear of falling and it is darned near impossible to fall into the sea from the Sea Walk.  

Anyway, I think I saw one other couple on it the whole cruise, albeit, I didn't stand guard there the entire time.  And, I was never tempted to look onto other's balconies anyway... maybe some might.   It really wouldn't bother me to have a cabin on that side of the ship. 

Anyway ... thought this site might be helpful to check out photos that some have taken of the balconies on deck 8.  You can pretty much figure out the non-obstructed ones from there by looking at the deck plans, too.  

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

• Like 1