What Can You Tell Me About Our Amsterdam "Guarantee" Cabin

jennaja

16 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Best wishes!  Let us know how it goes.

HAL acknowledged to the TA that we were assigned the only "E" cabin that is obstructed.  They were able to move us to an unobstructed "E".  Cabin 1836.  Any thoughts/info on that cabin?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jennaja said:

HAL acknowledged to the TA that we were assigned the only "E" cabin that is obstructed.  They were able to move us to an unobstructed "E".  Cabin 1836.  Any thoughts/info on that cabin?

Good for you.  You got HAL to acknowledge the error and got what you paid for.  The Amsterdam is a great ship.  If you are on the Alaska 14 day itinerary in Alaska you have chosen the best itinerary.  Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

1836 looks like it is in a nice location.  We have been in an OV a few times before they changed the smoking rules.  The cabin has a nice sitting area.  It can feel a bit crowded but you get use to that.  I think you made a change for the best.  Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, JudithLynne said:

1836 looks like it is in a nice location.  We have been in an OV a few times before they changed the smoking rules.  The cabin has a nice sitting area.  It can feel a bit crowded but you get use to that.  I think you made a change for the best.  Enjoy your cruise. 

Thank you!  We're really looking forward to it.

I was happy that HAL acknowledged the mistake, and corrected it.

33 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that they are knowingly selling an obstructed/partially-obstructed room as an unobstructed!  @jennaja, I hope you enjoy your new room!

Looking forward to it.  TA says that HAL supervisor said that it's the only "E" cabin with an obstructed view.  Does seem like it needs to be recategorized.

40 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Good for you.  You got HAL to acknowledge the error and got what you paid for.  The Amsterdam is a great ship.  If you are on the Alaska 14 day itinerary in Alaska you have chosen the best itinerary.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you!  The only Alaska itinerary that beats this one is the 21 day Maasdam.  Maybe someday...