Edge 11 day med -how early can i disembark

Brookefairway

I did this, it's very fast, especially if you get a private car early in the morning and not much traffic, we arrived so early at the airport, we were  there before we could check in for American Airlines.

You need to get from the port to airport about 70km away, it normally takes about 50 minutes to one hour but you will be facing rush hour traffic, I’ve known it take much more. Do you need to check in for your flight 3 hours before? If so you need to be there at 7.20am. My experience of the ship in Civi is that they are usually letting people off by 6.30am so it’s a bit tight and Rome is a very busy airport. If you flight is regional or within Europe and you only have a two hour check in then it’s more doable.

Personally I wouldn’t do it because of the traffic issue and the variables involved but it’s not totally impossible and I’m sure people will come on here and say they have done it and it’s been fine. Just a bit of a gamble 🙂

Edited by DebbieMacG

We have been to Rome 5 times and 3 of those there has been a 1 day strike.  Twice the strike shut down public transportation into Rome, no buses, etc so the highways were sheer deadlock.  It took over 2 hours to get from the port to Rome. The 3 time the strike affected the airport,  baggage handlers I believe.  Fortunately we were staying 3 days post cruise so it didn’t impact our flights.