Packing suggestions/ Hacks

Shoppie124

On 5/25/2019 at 7:36 PM, Birdie And Sue said:

My method of deciding what to wear each day.  I look in the drawer and whichever pair of Levi blue jeans happens to be on top of the stack is what I wear that day, along with whichever pair of underwear my hand hits first and whichever tshirt is on top of that stack.  White tube socks and sneakers and I am done.  So simple.

Hopefully you don’t open her drawers in the dark by mistake .......lol 

i simply ask what am I wearing today honey ? Keeps her happy as my sense of style has been challenged since I outgrew “garanimals” 😱

• Haha 1

I think it would be a fun challenge to see what would happen if the opposite sex were to pack for their SOs. I know if my SO/DH had packed for me, I'd have had all my electronic devices with all of my chargers and then, a few clothes; how many clothes, I'm not sure since I'd likely have some of his overflow of electronic devices in my suitcase as well.  We did have a lot of fun figuring out what needed to go in the carry on and what could go in the checked baggage, but fortunately it always seemed to work out. .. He never knew how many new outfits I bought onboard or at ports of call.  LOL 🤣

17 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I think it would be a fun challenge to see what would happen if the opposite sex were to pack for their SOs. I know if my SO/DH had packed for me, I'd have had all my electronic devices with all of my chargers and then, a few clothes; how many clothes, I'm not sure since I'd likely have some of his overflow of electronic devices in my suitcase as well.  We did have a lot of fun figuring out what needed to go in the carry on and what could go in the checked baggage, but fortunately it always seemed to work out. .. He never knew how many new outfits I bought onboard or at ports of call.  LOL 🤣

My DH once “helped” our daughter pack for three days in NYC.    When we got there I quickly realized I couldn’t trust either of them.  Her suitcase included:

6 pairs of undies

2 pants

2 pajamas

1 pair of socks 

note that the only shirt was the one she was wearing and he didn’t pack her a toothbrush 😂

• Haha 1

Because of this thread, I purchased some packing cubes that just showed up this wknd.  I will let you guys know how they worked out.   I should really start thinking about packing soon.  Our cruise is June 9th (Alaska) and we fly out to Seattle on the 7th.  Time is getting away from me.  I might also look at making a spreadsheet.  I like that idea more and more.