Best time to arrive at Cape Liberty Port

Tsukiryu09

Hi All!,

I hope I posted this in the right board. I've never cruised close to home before and always had transportation lined up, however this time I'm commuting to the Port via my own car due to living in PA. What is the best time to arrive in the morning at Cape Liberty Port in Bayonne NJ. Our check in time is 11:30, but I'm honestly willing to drive there as early as I need to ensure the smoothest entry into Bayonne as possible. I appreciate any insight from previous cruisers 🙂

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Tsukiryu09 said:

Hi All!,

I hope I posted this in the right board. I've never cruised close to home before and always had transportation lined up, however this time I'm commuting to the Port via my own car due to living in PA. What is the best time to arrive in the morning at Cape Liberty Port in Bayonne NJ. Our check in time is 11:30, but I'm honestly willing to drive there as early as I need to ensure the smoothest entry into Bayonne as possible. I appreciate any insight from previous cruisers 🙂

Thank you!

Welcome to CC. Your check in time is only a suggestion. Once the terminal doors are opened you will be allowed to enter the terminal bldg. We are at the embarkations terminals early (10 -10:30). You can also post your question on the Ports of Call forum. Also join the Roll Call for your cruise and ask your fellow cruisers what their plans are. 

The ship normally gets down to a zero passenger count for the preceding voyage by 10:00AM. The terminal normally opens for arriving passengers around 11:00AM so 11:30AM should be fine. It’s usually busy between 11:00AM and 1:00PM because most of the passengers want to get onboard as early as possible for a 4:00PM sailing. If you arrive around 10:30AM and park your vehicle you should be one of the first groups to board the vessel. You should be sitting in the Windjammer by 12:30PM enjoying your first lunch.

Two weekends ago... We drove onto Cape Liberty at 12:00.  Dropped checked bags smoothly. SO took her carry-on and went into the building. I drove to parking.  The parking structure was being used only for people with handicap placards.  All others were parking in uncovered lots pretty far away. 

I walked back with my carry-on and we checked in with no trouble. 

Note that at 9:30 the departing passengers may not yet have cleared the parking lots. 

Edited by edgreenberg
update