The Incredible Disappearing Cruise

PSULion

7 minutes ago, PSULion said:

Now I somewhat wish I booked that competitor's cruise listed above. 🤔

I think you still could.  Lots of cabins available at attractive prices I think.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

12 minutes ago, need2bespoiled said:

I think you still could.  Lots of cabins available at attractive prices I think.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

whose itinerary?  I'm ready to jump ship 

26 minutes ago, PSULion said:

If yo are quick you can probably still book the Celebrity Cruise.    A different experience but if you are doing a transatlantic for the ports you won’t enjoy the Azamara.    By the way, we have taken at least 10 transatlantics on Celebrity and most of the cruises had ports cancelled or the days the ports are visited changed.   

The cruise listed is Oceania I believe if that is ok to say here, I don't want to break any rules or anything. Yes, nearly every category is available or at least waitlisted or guaranteed. I was flipping back and forth between that one and Azamara, and I had a FF miles ticket to Barcelona to use, so I chose Azamara (since I didn't need the OLife airfare package thing). 

Edited by PSULion

2 minutes ago, PSULion said:

The cruise listed is Oceania I believe if that is ok to say here, I don't want to break any rules or anything. Yes, nearly every category is available or at least waitlisted or guaranteed. I was flipping back and forth between that one and Azamara, and I had a FF miles ticket to Barcelona to use, so I chose Azamara. 

Thank you... I'll take a look 

6 hours ago, damugs said:

We were just notified that our 7 night Intensive Croatia cruise on the Azamara Quest departing on May 2, 2020 has been canceled due to the fact that a private group has charted the ship that week. We still haven't gotten a confirmation on what they intend to do. This is what they notified us, but customer service at Azamara and our travel agent has no clue, even though the website has the new revamped cruise.

"We invite you to embark on a 10-Night Dalmatian & Amalfi Coasts Voyage that departs Venice, Italy on May 9, 2020. That's just one week later than the originally scheduled departure and you'll still sail aboard the beautiful Azamara Quest. Re-book on this recently modified voyage, in like accommodations and we will honor the lower rate. Consider the extra three nights a complimentary "thank you" from Azamara. What's more, this new itinerary happens to include many of the Croatian ports of call on the original voyage."

So we are in the dark, until we get a confirmation.

Azamara not as great as it once was!!!

Hi damugs, I’m not clear on the confirmation you mention?

The letter you and your TA received includes the toll-free number to call to rebook the following cruise, another cruise or cancel with no penalties. 

7 hours ago, PSULion said:

Me too 

Its laughable that anyone thinks inviting me to enjoy a shore excursion will somehow compensate for this mess. I’ve already committed to days in Miami between this cruise and my next one. When Azamara were messing with this itinerary a few months ago we put a plan together to go to the Keys for these days. When the itinerary reversed back we booked Miami. There would be cancellation costs for Miami and the hotel costs in the Keys have gone up. So at present we won’t do that. 

I know it’s not got The Keys but we are also looking at that much better Oceanea itinerary. 

Im currently on a cruise that had its itinerary messed up and it’s just happening far too often, with little acknowledgement of the impact on guests but always a marketing push to book an overpriced mediocre shire experience. 

Edited by uktog

I also meant to say when an organisation cannot say sorry or words that show recognition the guest may be disappointed when the change is a reduction in the cruise experience then we’ve hit a sad point in our relationship. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jj6961 said:

Jenna,

whose itinerary?  I'm ready to jump ship 

Sent you a txt, and as you now know this is Sirena on Oceania. Of course you can say this here. It’s a cruise critic board, not Azamara. The topic is just primarily Azamara and Bonnie works for Azamara, not Cruise Critic, which is owned by Trip Advisor. If they start censorship of that nature I’m out, lots of other places to discuss cruises but Cruise Critic doesn’t want to lose (more) traffic as traffic is there revenue stream for this site and its already declining. 

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Me too 

Its laughable that anyone thinks inviting me to enjoy a shore excursion will somehow compensate for this mess. I’ve already committed to days in Miami between this cruise and my next one. When Azamara were messing with this itinerary a few months ago we put a plan together to go to the Keys for these days. When the itinerary reversed back we booked Miami. There would be cancellation costs for Miami and the hotel costs in the Keys have gone up. So at present we won’t do that. 

I know it’s not got The Keys but we are also looking at that much better Oceanea itinerary. 

Im currently on a cruise that had its itinerary messed up and it’s just happening far too often, with little acknowledgement of the impact on guests but always a marketing push to book an overpriced mediocre shire experience. 

There is a nice Seabourne Cruise on Odyssey we looked at also, pricing is a bit more if you’re in a regular cabin but if you’re in a suite may be similar or even less that includes lots small Caribbean islands most cruise lines don’t visit AND it’s 21 days!

Happy sailing,

Jenna 

Just received this communication via my travel agent from Azamara.  This is the third time we have been cancelled by either Celebrity or Azamara in respect to cruises.  Looked at their "alternatives" and the choices were rather disappointing.

Will probably book Princess.

Last time we bother with either Celebrity or Azamara.

Dear Travel Partner,

We take great pride in bringing your clients and every Azamara guest unforgettable experiences both onboard our ships and within our destinations. Part of this commitment means making sure our ships are as beautiful and well-appointed as possible.

We're writing because the Azamara Journey has been scheduled to receive some renovations and improvements to better serve our guests. Unfortunately, the timing of her dry dock period requires the ship to remain in Spain during the dates of your scheduled voyage from Athens on October 20, 2020. Therefore, we've had to cancel this voyage.

We know this comes as a surprise and apologize for the inconvenience. We also understand that your client's vacation is extremely important, which is why we are informing you of this news as far in advance as possible. More importantly, we want to make things right. Which is why we're offering your clients a number of options, along with some substantial compensation for their troubles in the form of onboard credits.

We would like to present your clients with one of the compensation alternatives described below:

· Re-book on one of the Azamara Club Cruises select sailings listed below, in like accommodations, at the rate paid for the October 21, 2020 voyage or prorated to the length of the new sailing; if the lowest available rate for the new sailing is less we will honor the lower rate. Also, receive a $500 onboard credit per standard stateroom, a $1,000 onboard credit for suites when your clients rebook on one of these Azamara Club Cruises sailings. Azamara has opened the selected sailings to many available voyages on all three ships. This will optimistically allow them to find the best alternative and help you fulfill their travel aspirations. Azamara Journey 3-Oct-20; 10-Oct-20; 19-Oct-20 or Azamara Quest 14-Apr-20; 28-Sep-20; 10-Oct-20; 17-Oct-20; 27-Oct-20; 4-Nov-20 and Azamara Pursuit 3-Oct-20; 10-Oct-20; 19-Oct-21; 6-Nov-21..

• Alternatively, they may choose to move to any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage not listed above at the prevailing rate, and receive a $250 onboard credit per standard stateroom, a $500 onboard credit for suites when they rebook any Azamara Club Cruises sailing. If they are not ready to choose a new voyage, within the 30 days, you may choose to transfer the booking to an Azamara Open Passage Voyage. Azamara will hold their deposit, and your clients will receive a $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, a $200 onboard credit for suites when you select a new date according to Azamara Open Passage terms; where combinable and applicable.
  • If they choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment however, they will not receive the other incentives described above. Protected commission will only be offered to the Travel Partners whose guests have paid in full.

Please take some time to consider their options and review their personal calendar. We ask that your clients inform us of their decision no later than July 12th, 2019. In the meantime, should you have any questions about this voyage, please call us at your convenience.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:34 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Azamara has always chartered cruises even after people had booked, so that's nothing new.  Offering a 10-day cruise for the previously booked 7-day price sounds quite fair to me.

Not fair if your travel plans cannot cater for the change as it does ours. Or it splits your back to back cruises. Would you then think it fair?

7 hours ago, DRJVH said:

Not fair if your travel plans cannot cater for the change as it does ours. Or it splits your back to back cruises. Would you then think it fair?

Totally correct.  It seems that until enough people start complaining, many of the cruise lines such as Azamara will continue to operate in an arrogant fashion.

21 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Totally correct.  It seems that until enough people start complaining, many of the cruise lines such as Azamara will continue to operate in an arrogant fashion.

The best way of complaining is to stop booking with them.

Edited by Bloodaxe