Sleeping arrangements for families of 5 or more in neighboring rooms

MAMLAMBERT1

We had connecting balcony cabins on Miracle - worked fine for us and 3 kids. Their room had two singles and the sofa made up as a bed.

Note that there is no way to lock the interconnecting door so your "time together" can get interrupted!

If you can do it "quietly " , there shouldn't be a problem. Book with a adult in each room, then just put the kids in a separate room, and have fun!

BTW how old are the kids???  Is one old enough to be a little responsible?

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

If you can do it "quietly " , there shouldn't be a problem. Book with a adult in each room, then just put the kids in a separate room, and have fun!

BTW how old are the kids???  Is one old enough to be a little responsible?

We were unable to get ajoining rooms due to being overbooked but we aren't but maybe 5 rooms down from each other. The oldest is 17 so she can watch the other two. They are 12 and 5. The 5 year old may go back and forth but we were wondering how to get "alone time" lol. I wasn't sure if the cabin stewards would tell on us if we stayed in the same room. 

Also does anyone have any insight on hotel park n go in Charleston SC or possibly parking at another parking deck or lot in the city? 

I saw on one board where people were parking at the hospital and ubering to the port. 

1 hour ago, MAMLAMBERT1 said:

We were unable to get ajoining rooms due to being overbooked but we aren't but maybe 5 rooms down from each other. The oldest is 17 so she can watch the other two. They are 12 and 5. The 5 year old may go back and forth but we were wondering how to get "alone time" lol. I wasn't sure if the cabin stewards would tell on us if we stayed in the same room. 

Also does anyone have any insight on hotel park n go in Charleston SC or possibly parking at another parking deck or lot in the city? 

I saw on one board where people were parking at the hospital and ubering to the port. 

Cabin steward won't tell , might not even know there isn't an adult in the room. The 17 and 12 year old should be just fine together at the pool/recreation area. The 5 year old in kid's camp for a few hours might work.

Just tell the 17 year old Mom and Dad are going to "explore" the ship for a couple of hours and you will meet them at a certain time/location.

• Like 1

On a previous cruise we had DH and me and two kids in an interior room (tight!) and our two other kids shared a room with our friends’ two kids (the boys were both 13 and the oldest in the room). The kid room was sandwiched in between our room and our friends’ room and there was no problem with having no adults in that room on the reservation. When I tried booking for the cruise we went in in February it wouldn’t let me book the kids in their own balcony room. Honestly a pretty good policy. We booked two balcony rooms next to each other.  On the reservation I was in one room and DH was in the other room. In reality, my DS15 switched with me so we had four kids in one room and DH and I and DD13 (who sleeps like the dead) in the other room. Cabin steward didn’t say anything if he noticed. 

Balcony has always had good ice cream. The darkness at sea, the waves; keeps life fun. 

You can can mix and match who stays in which rooms for sleeping. Guest services will make you whichever keys for your rooms you want, regardless of names booked into your cabins. 

Have fun. Live it up some. You’ll dial this all in and have a great vacation. 

Haha, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, that's not going to be an issue at all. Your 12 and 5-year-old are going to want to be in the kids' program all the time. Your 17-year-old can crash in the other room in you need a little privacy, but she'll probably have things she wants to do as well. At 17, on Carnival, she'll probably have new friends herself and be as busy as the little guys.

Cruising is so popular because it is a break for mom's and if you and your husband still like each other, you'll have as much time as you want, I promise!