Pinnacle Grill for lunch?

kaymoz

23 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:
10 hours ago, kazu said:

Along with the filet, the hamburger is really quite good.  It’s huge but good 😉  There are appetizers that are not fish related and they are delish too. 

16 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

YES - it arrived the second day as I recall; though given my 'recall' of the correct name, take that answer loosely.

Whatever it's called, we relied on it for quick checks daily.  And wrote any reservations on it.

Ruth

The filet. Always excellent. Try Roger Jett photography. Lots of info there and menus. 

Thanks!

About that Voyage Planner -- it's really great to know in advance which nights will be gala nights, theme nights, etc.  But it sounds like this info is available only on the hard copy in the cabin once we are aboard.  Or might there be some way to tune in to it online before the cruise, for planning purposes (such as when to schedule dinner reservations at a specialty restaurant)?  We sail on 12 June.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:53 AM, *Miss G* said:

It’s a Voyage Planner!

Sheesh.  That took forever to find.  🧐

Can we get a copy of that ahead of sailing? I would like to know when our gala night it and some other things as well. (sorry didn't realize I was duplicating zakmoz's post. Inquiring minds want to know!)

Edited by zentraveler

36 minutes ago, zentraveler said:

Can we get a copy of that ahead of sailing? I would like to know when our gala night it and some other things as well. (sorry didn't realize I was duplicating zakmoz's post. Inquiring minds want to know!)

Likely not!  It is printed on board, probably during the night before embarkation (i.e. last night of the prior cruise).

Love the pinnacle lunch, we booked it right after boarding for Easter Sunday.   

Sadly, without notice, Ten days later it was changed to a 25$ Per person brunch that wasn’t as good as lunch and came with no dessert!   So still missing the lunch!  

On 5/23/2019 at 9:21 PM, kaymoz said:

About that Voyage Planner -- it's really great to know in advance which nights will be gala nights, theme nights, etc.  But it sounds like this info is available only on the hard copy in the cabin once we are aboard.  Or might there be some way to tune in to it online before the cruise, for planning purposes (such as when to schedule dinner reservations at a specialty restaurant)?  We sail on 12 June.

I have never seen it prior to boarding, but normally I can figure out which evenings are gala, as HAL follows a pretty set pattern.  If you research a bit on this board, people will lay this out better than I can, but for an example I figure that the Gala nights are on the first Sea Day and the next to last day of the cruise, if it is a Sea Day.  Its never on Embarkation Day or the last Evening of the cruise (thus we like to book specialty dining these evenings).  Also, never on a "late" port night (like a 6 PM or later all aboard).

If you are on a itinerary that is repeated often during a season, you could review posts from people who just came back from one of these and have posted reviews.  Or of course, you could post a new topic and ask on the HAL main board.