MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

2 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

So when I login and click on Voyagers Club, it asks if I want to become a member. I have not gone through those prompts because I didn't want to potentially screw up the status match. Are you saying that once assigned, I will see my number there instead of it asking me to join? Or do I need to join and then my number will show up there once matched?

I still see the prompt and I first booked and received a Voyagers number once I registered with the booking number. I am having the same  issue, I was on the phone 30min last night and agent tried to help but nothing has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I received an email from MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com  that they do not handle status matches, odd since so many have received such also it was an email than an agent told me to use, in the same email I get informed that only way to get it is through their website. 

Well today I get this email. Thanks for contacting MSC Voyagers Club
For some reason the system is not performing the status match. Please reply back to this email with proof of status level with full name, status level and corporate logo, in either PDF or JPEG file format, as an attachment.  

So much for trying to doing it right.  Still waiting since June 7th.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

Miracles of Miracles just received my status match to Gold ! Still having issues login in though to see the Voyager's Club status since June 8th. One more thing to keep me busy emailing!

That’s great! Encourages me to keep hoping.

• Like 1

My wife and I applied back at the beginning of August when we booked our cruise.  She booked it so was the primary name on the booking.

We submitted the same file since it showed both our name, Cunard number and status.  Her Silver was matched to Silver as expected within a few days.

Last week I received an email rejecting mine, saying I need to apply again with a colour copy of proof. I only had a mono colour image from an email So I applied again, but this time, I highlighted my details in a yellow marker.

This week, I get the email saying my Platinum status has been matched to Gold (as expected).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I submitted a request on line.  It took about two days to receive an email response back with a membership number.  I debated between using  my Marriott Titanium, Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus or Celebrity Elite status.  In the end,  I decided on Marriott because it seemed high enough.  It was no easy task to get a screen shot with my full name.  Almost as if Marriott purposely doesn't put your full name and account number together.  I was successful in doing so just to get back a match at the Silver level.  

Lesson for others, cruise line match are probably a better way to go.  I'm going to try my son's Royal Caribbean status and see what he gets. 

The Silver match took the wind out of my sail to book a MSC cruise.. 😂

22 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I submitted a request on line.  It took about two days to receive an email response back with a membership number.  I debated between using  my Marriott Titanium, Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus or Celebrity Elite status.  In the end,  I decided on Marriott because it seemed high enough.  It was no easy task to get a screen shot with my full name.  Almost as if Marriott purposely doesn't put your full name and account number together.  I was successful in doing so just to get back a match at the Silver level.  

Lesson for others, cruise line match are probably a better way to go.  I'm going to try my son's Royal Caribbean status and see what he gets. 

The Silver match took the wind out of my sail to book a MSC cruise.. 😂

Celebrity Elite would have gotten you Gold. Always go with cruise line highest status. Hotel programs have received inconsistent levels.

20 minutes ago, phissy said:

Celebrity Elite would have gotten you Gold. Always go with cruise line highest status. Hotel programs have received inconsistent levels.

I wish I knew this before the match request.  You live and learn.  Hopefully, my lemons can make lemonade for someone else. 

I have called (they only do status match through web) and submitted the online status match form since April 2021 probably about 4-5 times.  I emailed Voyagers Club and existing reservations.  I've gotten replies ranging from "send it again, we can't see your scan" to "we're working on it and will be done shortly."  We leave on October 30th and I'd like to get my Hilton Platinum matched hopefully to MSC Platinum for the benefits.

My question....I'm an existing Voyager Club member from a MSC cruise in 2019.  Are they only doing a match for new members to "bring in new customers from other lines?"  Am I eligible for a match being an existing member?  I'm just tired and now thinking of reasons why it's not happening when many others get resolutions quickly........thanks everyone for your updates!

I believe the status match is for anyone as long as you have booked a cruise and can only get the match once.  Call and ask about it , an agent was able to get me the OBC without the status that I now  have and my husband had the Gold so we got our discount for the cruise coming up in January. There is no rhyme or reason why some people get their status quickly and others like myself had to wait months, good luck.

Five minutes after booking a cruise for later this month,  i received a carnival platinum match to MSC gold. Maybe the trick is to book.  I'll be calling tomorrow.  I booked the cruise for my husband and me in my name. I'm gold now but he's sitting at classic, I think! Since he's just a person in my cabin I haven't been able to connect his voyagers number to his reservation. 30 days to fix his Voyagers level.

25 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

The only way to get a Voyager's number and status match is to book first.

Has that changed since pre-Covid?  In 2019 we got our status match first before booking a January 2020 cruise.

I cruised once in 2019 and got the Classic level as a result, I have an active Voyagers number.  We booked an Oct 30 2021 cruise in March, but found out about Status Match in April and have tried about 13 times since to get them to status match my existing Voyager number to my Hilton Diamond.  The online form does not allow you to list a current Voyager number, but they don't respond to phone or email requests.  I send one about every 3-4 weeks

MSC Voyagers Club also offers a status match with the programme, allowing existing and new cruisers to MSC Cruises to enjoy the same incentives they would typically enjoy with their pre-existing memberships with other cruise lines, hotel groups, airlines and tour operators.

What is the MSC Status Match programme?

Upon joining the Voyager’s Club, cruisers can enjoy exclusive benefits and privileges simply by mentioning any existing loyalty benefits. This includes those with the airline, tour operators, hotel groups and even other cruise lines!

This allows MSC Cruises to match passenger status from other cruise lines, as well as other hospitality industries for the ultimate holiday benefits.

Edited by ISLABONITA

I am beginning to think status match is now a scam.  I applied in July when I booked my cruise.  Sent follow up e-mails which never got a response.  Called Customer Service and waited on hold several times to be told that the customer service rep cannot accept anything dealing with MSC Voyager Club and there is no phone number.  Cruise was last week (Sept 30-Oct 3) and last rep I talked with suggested I try to talk to a rep on board the ship since I could not get any results elsewhere.  Waited onboard and talked to the "cruise consultant" who said that she would send an e-mail about it.  I tried to get her to understand that since I was ON the cruise that waiting on an e-mail response would serve no purpose since by the time they responded, I would be OFF the cruise and no longer receive any of the perks I ought to get.  She had zero sympathy or concern.  Last night of the cruise I had a note from her saying that they had no record of my submission (submitted it several times), e-mails, etc.  

If you wonder where people who cannot cut it as cable customer reps go, I think it is to MSC "customer service"

8 minutes ago, wgeddings said:

I am beginning to think status match is now a scam.  I applied in July when I booked my cruise.  Sent follow up e-mails which never got a response.  Called Customer Service and waited on hold several times to be told that the customer service rep cannot accept anything dealing with MSC Voyager Club and there is no phone number.  Cruise was last week (Sept 30-Oct 3) and last rep I talked with suggested I try to talk to a rep on board the ship since I could not get any results elsewhere.  Waited onboard and talked to the "cruise consultant" who said that she would send an e-mail about it.  I tried to get her to understand that since I was ON the cruise that waiting on an e-mail response would serve no purpose since by the time they responded, I would be OFF the cruise and no longer receive any of the perks I ought to get.  She had zero sympathy or concern.  Last night of the cruise I had a note from her saying that they had no record of my submission (submitted it several times), e-mails, etc.  

If you wonder where people who cannot cut it as cable customer reps go, I think it is to MSC "customer service"

I posted a few times about my frustrations with MSC status match, even sent hard copies of my documents to Florida headquarters, received a few emails telling me that their website was not properly receiving the submission. Several other posters had different email addresses so I used all of them and sent one every 10 days or so.  My first submission was June 7th for both husband and I and they didn't accept it even though it had everything they wanted, URL showing LOGO , Status level etc ( NCL) only after I submitted 2 different pages of my status did they approve me last month and my husband only a few weeks after submitting.  

Very inconsistent and unprofessional in my opinion. Europeans get theirs within days.

• Like 1