CABIN SIZES ON INSIGNIA

arl_nocaps

I agree with Jim.  The biggest complaint about the veranda cabins on the "R" ships are the size of the bathrooms.  They ARE small!  I gather that the "upgrades" have made this somewhat better but I'm betting the shower is still teensy.

Having said that ... our first cruise on Renaissance was in a veranda cabin (in what Oceania calls an "A", Ren called them "C") and the shower drove me crazy.  BUT, when we took a downsell on Nautica in July 2017 it no longer bothered me ... and I'm bigger now than I was in 1999!

The room itself is comfortable and we always had plenty of storage room, as Jim has said.

If it really concerns you, I'd say up the game to a PH ... but that's more expensive.  It's also more spacious, both in the room and on the veranda.   As I recall, the veranda takes chairs rather than loungers (the PH can take loungers).

For me the main difference between the PH and a concierge veranda is the width of the cabin.  In a PH both of you can cross the room at the same time.  In a veranda cabin, one of you will have to wait  until the other has passed.  How often does that happen?

And of course the bathroom in a PH is rather larger than in the veranda cabin.  It's still not huge!

An Owner's suite or a Vista is of course far more spacious ... but I'm not seriously suggesting you go that far unless money is no object ... which I doubt is the case given the way you framed your question.  The top suites on the "R" ships as far as I remember are around 1000 sf, whereas a PH is something like 400 and the veranda more like 285.  Don't hold me to those figures because it's a long time since I saw the specific measurements.  Those numbers DO include the verandas, they don't reflect the room size alone.

If you do a search at the website you should find better information than I have provided.

Mura

• Thanks 1

R ships have small cabins. At 175 ft., it is tight. The bathroom is adequate for one person at a time. The shower is tiny.  After your initial shock, you will find it has enough room to hose down. If you just cannot fit in the shower, use the shower in the spa. My husband is a big guy. He complains about the small shower, but uses it.

Hello, Everyone. In 2015, we sailed Insignia on a Panama Canal cruise in a PH. It was much smaller than a PH on Marina or Riviera. The bathroom had a tub and attached shower. Insignia has been refurbished, and that may have changed. We have sailed on Insignia, Regatta, Marina and Riviera and liked all of them. Our next cruise is on Riviera. Since all passengers dine in the same restaurants, and share most amenities,  it's the extras that differ.

Mary