Drink Substitution Question

Allura_317

DD (15) and I are planning on doing the Behind the Fun Tour together on the Breeze this summer.  I understand that at the end of there is a small cocktail reception.  As she is too young to have alcoholic drinks and does not drink soda, do you think they will allow her to get a free freshly squeezed OJ, a free specialty tea or coffee, or onboard credit towards the coffee shop instead (one of these, not all three)? Thanks in advance!

57 minutes ago, Davey Wavey said:

She can get any non-alcoholic drink they have at the bar. The OJ is from concentrate. I will say with almost certainty they will not give a credit towards drinks from the coffee shop.

Thanks!

There isn’t a cocktail party. They give everyone either mimosas or champagne (I can’t remember which). But in any case, they have them ready for you when you get to the Steakhouse. You can ask for something different, but you may or may not actually get it. Depends on if someone is available to run to the bar to get it. My husband doesn’t drink alcohol and asked for a Diet Coke, and he never got it. 

True it isn't a cocktail party. At the steakhouse bar, they offered a choice of 2 drinks mimosas or orange juice. We just stood there and drank them while they continued to talk and answer questions. But on our tour there was a bartender there who made a shirley temple for one kid and poured the other a Coke. Like most things from ship to ship, I guess it can be pretty random.

Seems if things have changed since the last time, 2015, I did the Behind the Fun Tour. Our tour group had a tray with breakfast pastries and cereals boxes with with various juices, coffee, tea (iced and hot), milk (low fat and chocolate), and mimosas, in the lounge we were instructed to meet in, while everyone one was having their shoes checked, security pat down, handing over electronics, and signing waivers. About mid tour we reached the Steakhouse and samples of the Chef's special "taste" dish of the day was offered along with iced water, iced tea, and lemonade. Prior to heading to the bridge we were led to the crew lounge, and a bartender was there to take drink orders (at crew menu prices) of their limited bar menu, though water and ice tea were provided.

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I get the closed toed shoes, but why not a skirt?

Because of the ladder like stairs that you will be using to travel through the ship. The Behind the FUn tour is immersive, and you will be using the passageways and staircases the crew uses. Some of these stairs are steep or are actual ladders and those behind you can see up a short skirt or loose shorts, and long dresses or skirts present an entanglement possibility.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maryred said:

Because of the ladder like stairs that you will be using to travel through the ship. The Behind the FUn tour is immersive, and you will be using the passageways and staircases the crew uses. Some of these stairs are steep or are actual ladders and those behind you can see up a short skirt or loose shorts, and long dresses or skirts present an entanglement possibility.

15 minutes ago, maryred said:

ok, gottcha, thanks.

• Haha 1