Celebrity Edge - May 25th live on board

alpineapa

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We were watching you on the Santorini Webcam. We waved but no one waved back 😉

Bet it was busy with 3 ships in

We took a 6 hrs private tour which started at IOA so wasn’t busy when we got there but I’m sure the afternoon was crazy. When we returned  mid afternoon the line for cable cars was at least an hour long so we walked down which wasn’t too bad.

Thanks will check the company out.

We have cancelled the trip in Sicily and are thinking of staying in Catania or just being lazy and staying on the ship (while it is quiet) and enjoying her. We will have been in Rome for 3 days before the cruise so it may be nice just to relax and chill out with Mr EDGE.

• Like 1

So great to read along as you sail on the Edge!  Thanks for doing this thread!

We are interested in an S1 corner aft, and I was wondering if you have an opinion on the deck that would be best?  It's really hard to know, and reviews are no where!  I'd really appreciate your opinion!  Thanks so much!

On 5/30/2019 at 1:38 AM, firstcruiserDB said:

We are interested in an S1 corner aft, and I was wondering if you have an opinion on the deck that would be best?  It's really hard to know, and reviews are no where!  I'd really appreciate your opinion!  Thanks so much!

We are on deck 10 and find it convenient to be in the middle however if I’d pick, I’d go on 15th (if there are some) or 14 as we found the retreat lounge was our go to place for bottle water, beers, wine, snacks, coffee etc 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, firstcruiserDB said:

The Edge cabin sticky has reviews for S1 corner aft suites on decks, 8, 11, 12. We had friends who had one on deck 7 and loved their balcony and reported no noise issues. The only noise issue reported on the cabin spreadsheet was the noise heard from a deck 12 S1 - it was from the Oceanview Cafe outside seating (there are similar reports from deck 12 cabins on S Class). The others gave great reviews without reporting noise or obstruction issues.

There is no window washing equipment blocking any S1 aft balcony views as seen on S Class. They all appear to have the same size balcony.  I personally would avoid deck 12 because of the possible noise from the OVC. The higher you go, the better the view, so 11 may be the best - that is what I chose (11268) and loved the location, since it was closer to Luminae and the Retreat Lounge and Sundeck (on decks 12, 15, 16). You really can't go wrong (except deck 12 may have the noise issue) - they are gorgeous suites with the best balconies on the ship (huge with great aft view).

image.thumb.png.4b57e079547e380a637cf4eb9fecc52a.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 12:24 PM, alpineapa said:

723 - still more than half of the seats empty. Never hard to get seats for shows on this cruise. Tonight is a Phil Collins tribute 

image.jpg

Really nice theater pic,..

Hope we  have  that  show next time we are on EDGE..

Do they have the cookie at lunch?   Agree it will be worth the wind!

Edited by hcat