Alaska

fred 15

Hello

I am thinking about an Alaskan cruise, and I have 2 questions. First, are there lots of kids onboard, and are they well behaved?

Second, With a port intensive itinerary, are there enrichment lectures? If so, are they port related, naturalists, etc.? Do they discuss history, whales, nature, glaciers?

Thanks

Whether there are lots of kids onboard depends on whether you go when school is in session or out for vacation.

We cruised to Alaska aboard Regatta last October.  I think we saw one kid.  

During the summer, you should expect to see more.  Behavior will vary from kid to kid.....and parent to parent.

Yes, there are enrichment lectures on various topics, some port-related and others not.  (Or at least, there were on our cruise.)

Edited by DrHemlock

Alaska August 2018.  Only handful full of kids that looked to be traveling with grandparents all well behaved. No impact on the cruise. The usual lectures.  Some history, some nature. 

One of the few destinations I would cruise a second time. 

On 5/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, fred 15 said:

Hello

I am thinking about an Alaskan cruise, and I have 2 questions. First, are there lots of kids onboard, and are they well behaved?

Second, With a port intensive itinerary, are there enrichment lectures? If so, are they port related, naturalists, etc.? Do they discuss history, whales, nature, glaciers?

Thanks

No.....  kids and well behaved are  a contradiction.      Very poor enrichment by my standards.   The cruise director reads a canned speech at Hubbard     I was a professional NPS naturalist in the region and was shocked at O's lack of  really anything

On 5/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, fred 15 said:

Hello

Thanks

On Alaska cruise.   Regatta now.   There is a marine biologist, Dorris Welch, PhD. ,  presenting daily enrichment talks on Alaska.   Culture, whales,  marine life,  nature, glaciers, birds,  etc.

Edited by Kingofcool1947